dishwasher feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Re: dishwasher feed

LawnGuy, I just had an idea: since the existing kitchen has the requisite two SA circuits, run your circuit extensions the way you want to, and place blank covers on the boxes in the interior kitchen.

Ta-daa! :cool:

[ September 07, 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: LarryFine ]

LawnGuyLandSparky

Originally posted by LarryFine:
LawnGuy, I just had an idea: since the existing kitchen has the requisite two SA circuits, run your circuit extensions the way you want to, and place blank covers on the boxes in the interior kitchen.

Ta-daa! ;) 12/2 will feed another block of 3 duplexes outside.

What happens after the inspection is for me to know. :roll:

allenwayne

It was actually a thrill to trim this house,Three chandaliers were delivered in crates when i inquired as to thier value the resonse was can you go back to Henery the 8`ths and get a replacement :D B.T.W. I saw it sold for a lousy 3.5 mil.Guess iam in the wrong business :p

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

LawnGuy,

As long as you have two circuits feeding your counters, you should be all right. Kinda hard to know from what you described. :)

LawnGuyLandSparky

Yes. There are 2 "original" SA circuits, which appear only in the kitchen. The diningroom has since been segregated onto it's own SA circuit. I can't branch off that as the last outlet in the diningroom is almost in the livingroom, and that's where the Christmas Tree plugs in, and that puppy is 1750 watts. (hence, it's segregation from the kitchen SA circuits.)

The issue here was mainly, if the 3 additional SA circuits dedicated to a service counter which separates the kitchen from the diningroom could be utilized in another kitchen.

The consensus is, once a 20a receptacle circuit appears in a kitchen, it becomes a SA circuit and whether it's one of the 2 code required circuits or the 10th, 11th, or 12th additional, well-above and beyond code circuits, they cannot be utilized elsewhere. (Well, they can be used in "other similar areas," but not another kitchen. Apparently, a kitchen isn't similar to a kitchen.) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.