Drive is broke...

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal

Who was the Einstein who left the Aluminum stepladder in there & did someone try to get warranty service? (n)(n)(n)

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Me .... zooms in at the bottom. “Boy that back board sure is warped.”

Zooms back out. “What in the ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Everybody knows your supposed to only store wood ladders in a drive cabinet! LOL!
That is quite wrong. I see no reason not to store fiberglass ladders too. With both wood and fiberglass ladders there will be occasional metal parts. Probably more metal in a wood ladder than in a fiberglass ladder. :)
[Really need to have Comic Sans font.]

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Wow, and they really couldn’t spare a little extra space between those main phase lugs? SMH 🤦‍♂️

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I can’t get a decent answer from anyone as to why the ladder was there. I doubt it was an electrician with an aluminum ladder though. The drive is 500HP 18 pulse, but it’s toast now. The load lug arrangement is apparently a bush fix by the guy that installed it 10 years ago who didn’t like the original factory placement at the bottom. Now that I have bad knees, I can sympathize.

cpickett

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm guessing list price for a replacement is $50,000-$100,000 depending on how it's configured, what's the lead time on a 500HP 18-pulse drive? With downtime and installation that is one expensive ladder!

cpickett

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Although those AB drives are tough, here's one that was showing 'ground fault', customer thought it was bad. Motor had a ground fault, new motor and it started right up!
IMG_5159.JPG

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm guessing list price for a replacement is $50,000-$100,000 depending on how it's configured, what's the lead time on a 500HP 18-pulse drive? With downtime and installation that is one expensive ladder!
They can’t wait for a new one, my team is going to rebuild it in the field by replacing just the inverter portion with a new one. We will not reinstall the ladder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.