EMF Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

CFLs

CFLs

Thanks for the great replies. The instruction manual for the EJ500 timer states that it is not designed for cfl lamps or lamps with candelabra bases. This is exactly what is being operated by the EJ500, front yard column lights with a total of 6 - candelabra base cfl lamps. The lamps and the timer were installed about 6 - months ago (I wanted to experiment) and when I went there yesterday I noticed they were giving the customer trouble. If he continues to have trouble I will replace 2 - of the 6 - lamps with incandescent lamps. I do not have a meter more sophisticated than a standard multimeter and an analog clamp-on amp meter.
Gar - it is a 2 - wire timer (quote - "meaning it is in series with one lead to the load, then there is not enough current thru the load to power the timer"). I imagine those lamps probably are rated about 13 watts each. If 78 total watts is not enough then a couple of 60watt lamps should help.
Thank you,
Jim

gar

Occupation
EE
100427-2235 EST

Let us know if adding parallel incandescents solves the problem. You might try a single incandescent first and see what that does.

This is sort of a diversion from the EMF question. And may have a more definable answer.

Ravenvalor

CFL Test

CFL Test

100427-2235 EST

Let us know if adding parallel incandescents solves the problem. You might try a single incandescent first and see what that does.

This is sort of a diversion from the EMF question. And may have a more definable answer.

Thanks for the help gar. If I try the incandescent test I will let you know the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.