EMT on a curved wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

iand74

I need to bend (4) 3/4" pipe runs along a curved brick wall. i'm planning on mounting strut and using strut clips for the pipe.

i'm wondering if anyone has ever done this and how good it came out. any suggestions?

cowboyjwc

Staff member
So having your helper hold one end while you push the other end, probably isn't the best way to do it?:grin:

Or dig a pit to the correct radius. Lay conduit over pit. Back truck over conduit. Remove end of conduit from muffler where it puched hole. Stop by auto parts store on way home for paint to match truck where other end of conduit scrached tailgate.:grin::D

That way you don't have to spend $150 on a bender.

ultramegabob

to answer your question about if anyone has done it, yes I have, but I have only done single runs around grain silos, so I dont know how consistent they would be side by side, close together.

iand74

i'm not sure about the actual degrees. it's roughly a 90, but takes about 8 feet or so to do it.

its on a rooftop and will be carrying dc from solar arrays to the inverters.

Jim W in Tampa

i'm not sure about the actual degrees. it's roughly a 90, but takes about 8 feet or so to do it.

its on a rooftop and will be carrying dc from solar arrays to the inverters.

That's a lot in 8 feet. I would suggest as been said and maybe mark it every foot for 10 degrees. If was in maybe a 100 feet might not even be noticed.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
customer doesn't want it

Ughh....pvc on a roof.

It's only 3/4 emt, just get up there and try it. It's not 2" so it's not like you can't tweak it a little when it doesn't line up. I've ran a fair bit on conveyor jobs, just like anything else, you get pretty decent at it with a little practice. 3/4 is cheap, who cares if you wreck a couple sticks getting it right?;)

220/221

So having your helper hold one end while you push the other end, probably isn't the best way to do it?

I actually like this idea.....as long as helper guy is big. Maybe just strap it and bend it by hand as you go??

Status
Not open for further replies.