Pcs of finished breaker panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Sure if you change the quote. :D

If you do not change the quote it seems to be Cooidge.:smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Coolidge#cite_note-124

Isn't it about now you delete these posts for being OT?
mw_hmmm.gif

Rewire

Neat and workmanlike manner ,I insist that all panels are made up in a very neat fashion and sisne it is my dime I get what I want.

You cannot buy a good reputation it has to be earned this panel will be seen by many people before the final cover goes on and each one will hopefully walk away with the opinion that the people who work for me do the highest quality work.

Anyone can do it cheap but to be the best requires effort.

I did not do this panel it was one of my guys and he does this very quick.

You cannot buy a good reputation it has to be earned this panel will be seen by many people before the final cover goes on and each one will hopefully walk away with the opinion that the people who work for me do the highest quality work.

Anyone can do it cheap but to be the best requires effort.

^^^^Agreed. It may just end up getting covered up and never seen again but we all know that is not the truth as we all uncover hack work and say, " man, what were they thinking? Butchers."

Someone will always find your work and judge it by how it's done and if you are putting your name on the job and don't care how it looks then you are hackin'.

To do the job right and to do it neatly really is quicker and easier than cramming and packing the spaghetti into the box and feel that no one will notice as those are the installs that have the most problems and are the most difficult to troubleshoot since you have to wade through a rats nest. If you are doing it neat and orderly then you are double checking along the way that it is correct and bulletproof.

I always do work like someone will uncover it one day and if it has my name on it then it will be neat and orderly and I will be proud to put my name on it.

Take pride in what you do.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Reading 110.26 A(1), don't the conductors in the trough define the starting point of the working space and not the buses in the panels? If so, are trough depths limited to panel depth?

The working space is measured from the front of the enclosure:

110.26 Spaces About Electrical Equipment.
(1) Depth of Working Space. The depth of the working space in the direction of live parts shall not be less than that specified in Table 110.26(A)(1) unless the requirements of 110.26(A)(1)(a), (A)(1)(b), or (A)(1)(c) are met. Distances shall be measured from the exposed live parts or from the enclosure or opening if the live parts are enclosed.

Equipment related to the electrical installation can encroach the working space by 6", so the photo in question appears to have a 12" wireway with panels that are less than 4" deep. This would mean that the wireway is more than the 6" of permitted encroachment into the working space.

110.26(A)(3) Height of Working Space. The work space shall be clear and extend from the grade, floor, or platform to the height required by 110.26(E). Within the height requirements of this section, other equipment that is associated with the electrical installation and is located above or below the electrical equipment shall be permitted to extend not more than 150 mm (6 in.) beyond the front of the electrical equipment.

PetrosA

The working space is measured from the front of the enclosure:

Equipment related to the electrical installation can encroach the working space by 6", so the photo in question appears to have a 12" wireway with panels that are less than 4" deep. This would mean that the wireway is more than the 6" of permitted encroachment into the working space.

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.