Estimating the wiring of ductless vent hood in food court in La.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Hey guys, I'm giving an estimate on a job where a food court has a Wells Mfg. mvu-72 ductless vent hood. This is a hood system that re-circulates exhaust. I'm running power from panel board to hood terminal block through contactors to (2) 40 amp fryers and one 90 amp range. Does anyone have any experience in what kind of inspection process there is with the state fire marshal , I live in Louisiana. Thanks

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
Usually they verify the Ansul system shuts down everything. This hood is prewired so everything should be OK if you wire the contactor coils through the auxiliary contacts provided.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Thanks for the advice, so...Mgraw; do you know if I have to have the hood system inspected by the state fire marshal before the job is released , and what is the cost of a state fire marshal inspection?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
YOU don't have to have to worry about any inspection for anything other than the electrical you provided. Any other inspections required are the responsibility of the GC or owner to obtain and pay any fees for.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.