Exam Preparation Textbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptcpdss

Because PSI allows any materials that have a copyright to be used during their tests. This is great news, I will be ordering one! :)

sparky723

Because PSI allows any materials that have a copyright to be used during their tests. This is great news, I will be ordering one! :)

reptcpdss,
Where did you come up with this?

I took my PSIMasters 1 1/2 weeks ago and they said only the codebook.

What state do you live in and PLEASE tell me where to confirm this.

reptcpdss

I have taken my Washington State Administrator's Exam 3 times in the past 8 months and always took a backpack full of books everytime. All (a different test person each time) they were concerned with was that every book had a copyright.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have taken my Washington State Administrator's Exam 3 times in the past 8 months and always took a backpack full of books everytime.

This may be one of your problems, how could you have time to reference a library during an exam?

Roger

M4gery

You do realize that anyone could copyright something, right? You can copyright your notebook full of answers and calcs, will they allow that in during the test?

sparky723

No problem here.

It just sounded a bit smarty to me, because nobodys gonna take thier folder of notes and get them copyrighted.

That's all. Count to 10 and take a deep breath.

M4gery

No problem here.

It just sounded a bit smarty to me, because nobodys gonna take thier folder of notes and get them copyrighted.

That's all. Count to 10 and take a deep breath.
Please don't act childish with the "Count to 10 and take a deep breath." nonsense. If you don't want to have an adult discussion, feel free not to post.

"Smarty" or not, my question still stands.

This post is now copyrighted, does that mean that it can be taken into the exam? You don't have to take your folder of notes anywhere to copyright them, they can be considered copyrighted as soon as you write them out.

I have a feeling that there is a lot more to this than having a copyright. When dealing with a licensing exam, it is important to follow the rules to the T, don't you think?

?2010 M4gery

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
That sounds semi-ridiculous. Write "? 2010 John Doe" on the bottom of your notes and you have a copyright protected document.

M4gery

That sounds semi-ridiculous. Write "? 2010 John Doe" on the bottom of your notes and you have a copyright protected document.

Thank you.

BTW, you don't even have to put the "? year name" line anymore for your work to be copyrighted. Just saying (or thinking) it's copyrighted is all that is needed.

sparky723

M4gery,

Just wanted to apologize.

I went back and re-read your op about copyrighting your notebook.

I originally misread it and took it wrong., and for that I'm sorry.

reptcpdss

This is right off of the PSI website, word for word.

"All examinations are open book. It is okay to use original
copyrighted material
, and a silent, nonprinting,
nonprogrammable calculator. Copies of the Washington state
RCW/WAC downloaded from the internet are acceptable,
provided they are in a binder. Copyrighted material may have
highlighting, underlining, and index tabs (permanent or
temporary) prior to entering the examination area. Post-It,
sticky, repositionable and other types of notes that are
removable are not permitted. References may not be
written in. Two sheets of paper and a pencil will be collected
at end of the examination"

I guarantee that if you tried to bring in your OWN copyrighted material in; it wouldn't fly! Sometimes you have to be realistic!

Last edited:

M4gery

"All examinations are open book. It is okay to use original
copyrighted material

~
I guarantee that if you tried to bring in your OWN copyrighted material in; it wouldn't fly! Sometimes you have to be realistic!

So if Mike Holt was taking the licensing exam in your state, he couldn't take any of his copyrighted books?

Can he take someone else's copyright notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.