FL MASTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgookin

You're at the right place to ask that question. I've never heard anything negative about Mike Holt's materials and I've heard many good things about them. There's your answer.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
You're at the right place to ask that question. I've never heard anything negative about Mike Holt's materials and I've heard many good things about them. There's your answer.

Agree I am sure it is OK to advertise for MH Enterprises here so contact:

Sarina Snow
sarina@mikeholt.com
1-888-NEC-CODE
(1-888-632-2633)

Follow her instructions. Spend the money take the prep class, and buy the books. It is well worth the trouble free stress free test. It is one of the hardest in the nation but MH users have a much higher pass rate. And Sarina has memory like a trap. She probably would remember me from 2005.

boatfull

thanks. the books they recommend for the test is over a thousand dollars. think ill just bring the nec and go from there

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
thanks. the books they recommend for the test is over a thousand dollars. think ill just bring the nec and go from there

And you will take the test twice. There is at least one question from every book on the list. On top of that with a few exceptions it is all knowledge you should have as an unlimited Electrical Contractor.

If you really want to know, the neon sign book, the concrete book and the one that goes in to sign engineering are the least impact. But the NEC, NFPA 72 FCM, NFPA 101, FSS and security books will likely make you fail. That is all from memory.

jrannis

I wouldn't bother if you are not willing to invest in the materials.
It isn't just calculations and NEC.
Have you taken the admin portion possibly from another trade or something?
Florida is considered the beast, followed closely by NC.

The books are not a total waste and should be kept in every contractors library, in your study, next to your humidor and wine cellar.

boatfull

And you will take the test twice. There is at least one question from every book on the list. On top of that with a few exceptions it is all knowledge you should have as an unlimited Electrical Contractor.

If you really want to know, the neon sign book, the concrete book and the one that goes in to sign engineering are the least impact. But the NEC, NFPA 72 FCM, NFPA 101, FSS and security books will likely make you fail. That is all from memory.

thank you. brought in nec and nfpa 101 on Saturday. passed. still have to take the business part

Status
Not open for further replies.