For One Man Operations: What Type of Truck Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
My real work truck is a '99 extended-body E350, but I usually work out of my '04 Montana or my '09 Accord.

I have even ridden one of my bikes to jobs when the weather was nice and I could carry everything I needed.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I have even ridden one of my bikes to jobs when the weather was nice and I could carry everything I needed.
I could picture this, to include 3 sticks of 1/2" EMT, the Klien bender held in a shoulder harness and 3 spools of #12 on the rack. Lol

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've used many types of vehicles. Currently I use a small box truck and it's the best service vehicle. Here a link showing the truck. I've added some things since this was posted. I now have a five section pipe rack, a ladder parking area for two ladders, and a work table which makes it easy to look through parts bins.

Last edited:

R&T Jimmy

Occupation
Licensed Electrical Contractor and Building Official for local City/ County
Got a 2000 Chevy 2500HD utility body with a ladder/ pipe rack on it, other than rainy weather I prefer a utility body to a van or a cap. Vans are tall and I need a ladder to get my other ladder off the top and like someone said you cant get to your storage spaces with the floor full of materials. It has the 6.0 gas motor in it and 300k on the clock, put a crate motor in it at 275k planning on driving it till the wheels fall off, then put em back on and drive some more. I am going to add a lift gate this year ( getting older) some things are not as easy to lift into the bed as the once were.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I’m running a 2020 2500 hd crew cab, I almost bought the same model with the utility bed, but figured I would retire from my previous company and would only be using it to pull my camper. Then the big “woke” customers they had, started demanding vaccinations for their contractors. I have natural immunity from Covid, been exposed to it quite often. I don’t take any medications I don’t need. Never had a flu shot, never had the flu. Looks like I made the right decision. I’ve got too much money in the boxes and rack I have on it now, to change the bed.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have natural immunity from Covid, been exposed to it quite often.
Just curious: Does that mean you do or would test positive or negative?

I don’t take any medications I don’t need. Never had a flu shot, never had the flu. Looks like I made the right decision.
Same here. I test negative.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Just curious: Does that mean you do or would test positive or negative?

Same here. I test negative.
I only had mild symptoms once, about eight months after that, I went to Louisiana with a helper, stayed in the same hotel room a couple of days, when he got sick. When we got back, he called me and said he had Covid. I’ve worked in public places ever since it started. WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. If I was going to get it again, I would have. My wife is a nurse, and she is exposed to it all the time. She gets tested twice a week, and has tested positive only once, and that was before the vaccines came out. She had no symptoms, so they made her keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.