Four floor motel

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

I dont believe for one second that a modern hotel would be allowed to first build 4 storys in wood framing and secondly use romex. I would think that some sort of occupancy codes would prohibit it. You are far from proving to me that it is allowed. I am glad I can tickle you occasionally with posts I didnt always.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
HaskinsElectric said:
I will wire this in Romex for $113,000. DNI Surface mtg fixtures.

And that is a N.T.E. figure right? :)

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
quogueelectric said:
I dont believe for one second that a modern hotel would be allowed to first build 4 storys in wood framing and secondly use romex. I would think that some sort of occupancy codes would prohibit it. You are far from proving to me that it is allowed. I am glad I can tickle you occasionally with posts I didnt always.

So, are you saying Iwire is not telling the truth.

Roger

peter d

quogueelectric said:
I dont believe for one second that a modern hotel would be allowed to first build 4 storys in wood framing and secondly use romex.

OK, don't believe it then. ;) I guess since you don't believe it, then it must not be true. :roll:

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of commercial buildings including motels, office buildings, supermarkets, and concrete and steel high rise apartment towers here in southern New England that are wired with 100% NM cable.

mdshunk

quogueelectric said:
I dont believe for one second that a modern hotel would be allowed to first build 4 storys in wood framing and secondly use romex.

OceanShores_07DEC06-05.jpg

quogueelectric

roger said:
So, are you saying Iwire is not telling the truth.

Roger
Negative I believe Iwire. He is showing a 3 story hotel which looks quite nice btw. Is it really All wood framing or concrete planking with interior wood partitions??

iwire

Staff member
quogueelectric said:
Negative I believe Iwire. He is showing a 3 story hotel which looks quite nice btw. Is it really All wood framing or concrete planking with interior wood partitions??

100% wood and a whole lot of sheet rock.

e57

quogueelectric said:
~then you have to convince the 40 something inspector that the 3 story rule is gone. This adds up to a no in my book

You are privey to knowing the inspector??? Do they have local ammendments to the code that prohibit NM use - and/or have you asked him?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
the pesky drop ceiling rule...

That pesky rule is pretty new, not something that is outdated (like the 3 story rule) and needs to be gotten rid of. Must be a reason for it, no?

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.