Friday Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Remember that song we used to sing in English Class.... "Conjunction Junction"?

Well, seems some telecom tech does too, and one with a sense of humor.

DSC06063a.jpg

DSC06064a.jpg

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
that's hilarious! :) The 3 yr old passed by and saw this picture. I just spent 5 minutes explaining that some people have telephones that actually plug into a wall, like at grandma's house. But its still, "why? . . . .why". . . why?"

iaov

Shouldn't that cable be in a raceway? 300.4:smile:To preserve the function of the junction, the safeway is a raceway.

Last edited:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
480sparky said:
Egads, it's rained so much no one's been able to get into the fields yet....

you guys can have that corn for the next couple of years; we're banking on cotton shortages. white gold, baby.

480sparky

brantmacga said:
you guys can have that corn for the next couple of years; we're banking on cotton shortages. white gold, baby.

The ethanol plants being built all over have already caused the price of corn to go up....

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
480sparky said:
The ethanol plants being built all over have already caused the price of corn to go up....

Yes I know. We had been growing corn for the past 10 years, and did pretty well with it lately. I put a large (to me) investment in a biofuel plant being built a couple of hours away from me that's set to open in a couple of months. If I cashed in my investment today, I'd get 170% of what I put in. The price of corn is going to remain high, but we're anticipating a shortage in cotton causing a spike in the price. soybean and wheat production is about to skyrocket too. that's a crop we had grown for the past 15 years. we recently shed two JD 8820 Turbo's, so its probably going to be awhile before we plant any type of grain product or soybeans.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
480sparky said:

I think it is our world wide demand for fuel that has caused the price of corn to go up. As much as we complain about the high prices, we still haven't cut consumption. I still go everywhere I want to go and I suspect most of you do to.

480sparky

ptonsparky said:
I think it is our world wide demand for fuel that has caused the price of corn to go up. As much as we complain about the high prices, we still haven't cut consumption. I still go everywhere I want to go and I suspect most of you do to.

It's more like the demand has gone up, but not the supply. we're taking food off the table and burning it in our cars.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Last week was the first time I ever noticed that credit card charges for gas are limited at some stations. $50 at one in Arkansas and $75 at an I80 truck stop not to far away. Couldn't even fill up unless I took the time to run the card throug again. Guess I saved money that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.