Generator for Lift station

Status
Not open for further replies.

faresos

Hello every one:

I have situation where the owner requested a back up generator for lift station that has dual pump (each at 4HP @ 480V/3phase). I'm looking for generator that has integrated automatic transfer switch (prepackaged unit), but I only found a residential models at 208V. Is there any issue to use residential model at commercial building? Does anyone have any suggestion on the best approach on what generator to use?

Thanks,

jwjrw

I did 2 last year. Generac gennys. One was 18kw one was 35kw. The genny dealer will set you up with the transfer switch in a package. I have pics too.

Last edited:

ceb58

Hello every one:

I have situation where the owner requested a back up generator for lift station that has dual pump (each at 4HP @ 480V/3phase). I'm looking for generator that has integrated automatic transfer switch (prepackaged unit), but I only found a residential models at 208V. Is there any issue to use residential model at commercial building? Does anyone have any suggestion on the best approach on what generator to use?

Thanks,

You can use a residential/light commercial unit but at 208v you will need to go with a step up transformer and a ATS that would be rated for 480v. If you are looking for a lower cost gen. set then Generac has the market almost wraped up.

You can use a residential/light commercial unit but at 208v you will need to go with a step up transformer and a ATS that would be rated for 480v

Can you explain that to me?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
You can use a residential/light commercial unit but at 208v you will need to go with a step up transformer and a ATS that would be rated for 480v

480V 3? pump motors do not run on 208Y/120v 3?. You need a voltage transformer to change your gennie output voltage to the voltage required to operate the motors...

With the output voltage higher than the input voltage, it's called a step-up [voltage] transformer.

ceb58

Well $ did but can you explane what you dont understand?

480V 3? pump motors do not run on 208Y/120v 3?. You need a voltage transformer to change your gennie output voltage to the voltage required to operate the motors...

With the output voltage higher than the input voltage, it's called a step-up [voltage] transformer.

Totally missed the 480vac in the original question, didn't mean to look like a dumb@$$!

technoid52

Hello every one:

Thanks,
Here is a site that can help you. Good prices and excellent service guys....http://www.emergencypower.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.