ground wire clockwise around ground screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

I also doubt if that connection is rated for feed-through loop.
Does not have to be since the connection is not servicing the feed-through load.

Think about what happens under a heavy current draw if your 'looped wire' is to close to itself? Arcing come to mind?
Now that is a stretch. How is that any different than the close proximity of the bare wires under a wire nut before they reach the jumping off point of the charges?

mivey

How would a conductor in such a case arc?

Show me the math. This has gotten absurd.
Exactly

add:

In order for this arc to develop there would need to be a difference of potential. Since it is all one piece of conductor and less than 3/4 inch or so long do you really think you can draw enough current without melting it down to drop the voltage enough to arc across that particular point?
Another ditto.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
You see a lot more than I do, all I see is a funny picture. :cool:

I liked the picture too and thought it was funny.

Mike's posts have been markedly recalcitrant as of late. I wonder if it's a sub-conscious reaction to the other forum member's tendency to be overly punctilious at times.

He may perceive our reverence of the NEC as somewhat sycophantic and is reacting in kind. That type of behavior has been reported in several species of advanced primates so I have no doubt the same would likely be observed in electrical inspectors on rare occasion. :roll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.