Has anyone seen 12/3 Romex just fail? Open hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundlive7

Hi guys here is my problem. My dishwasher failed mid cycle. I put a plug on the dishwasher and it runs fine off a nearby outlet. The run to the dishwasher is Straight romex run off a 20amp breaker. Breaker tests fine both voltage and continuity. After checking the wires I isolated the problem to an open hot. I only get 1.5 volts at the end on the romex. This just seems too wierd to me. The house is 9 years old no signs of rodents and no new work done recently. Has anyone ever heard of romex just failing? Seems rather uncommon to me maybe you guys have some ideas? Thanks Matt

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Very unusual for NM cable to just fail but it is possible. Unfortunate we cannot offer you any help on this.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.