help determining man hours for warehouse lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireperson

I need help calculating man hours for the installation of 4 high bay fluorescent fixtures 5 lamps t5 HO in a 30' x 70' ware house with 30 ft high ceiling ,on 2 3 way switches and dedicated 20 A ckt.what size scissor lift should I use

I just finished a job retrofitting 30 t5 ho lights in a warehouse. The Warehouse was full and operational during the day and we worked at night but the biggest thing I missed and didn't allow enough for was the extra time it can take trying to get lifts in place and maneuver around customer aisles and inventory being carefull not to damage it. I still made money but not what I expected. I would make sure to add in an extra 10 -15 minutes labor per fixture Just for that if the Warehouse is full with shelving and inventory.

John120/240

I just finished a job retrofitting 30 t5 ho lights in a warehouse. The Warehouse was full and operational during the day and we worked at night but the biggest thing I missed and didn't allow enough for was the extra time it can take trying to get lifts in place and maneuver around customer aisles and inventory being carefull not to damage it. I still made money but not what I expected. I would make sure to add in an extra 10 -15 minutes labor per fixture Just for that if the Warehouse is full with shelving and inventory.

Thank You for your followup. So many times advice is given & then the poster vanishes.....

MHElectric

It seems like with these jobs that clean up, and maneuvering around merchandise and/or employees are two things that will eat up more of your time than you would believe.

You are right, doing these jobs at night is really the only way to do it. Otherwise, your fighting people the whole time. I did 5 gas stations where we replaced the T-12 that wrapped the exterior of the store during the day - this wasn't too bad since we were working on the outside of the store, but if we had of been working inside, it would've been a bear getting around all those people.

kwired

Electron manager
It seems like with these jobs that clean up, and maneuvering around merchandise and/or employees are two things that will eat up more of your time than you would believe.

You are right, doing these jobs at night is really the only way to do it. Otherwise, your fighting people the whole time. I did 5 gas stations where we replaced the T-12 that wrapped the exterior of the store during the day - this wasn't too bad since we were working on the outside of the store, but if we had of been working inside, it would've been a bear getting around all those people.

Some places may not let you do such a job during regular hours either, and are willing to pay extra if needed to get it done during off hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.