Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
It looks like it's a self powered unit.
Nope.
400V, 50Hz input for full performance.
Since it is mobile when the arm is not deployed, I would guess an SO family cord or maybe dual listed as tray cable if you are using it in the US. Something miners might use. :)

iwire

Staff member
How would one know what to use to feed this? It's being used indoors.

romex, fmc etc...

http://www.brokk.com/img/informupl/3136_8039_23_1_A.pdf

Romex?

You would use hard usage cord for that.

Typically they arrive on site with the cord(s) they need and a pig tail for the on site electrician to wire into the power source.

My experience has been more often then not the contractors using the Brock will bring a generator to power it.

iwire

Staff member
Does it need to navigate (drive around) or does it remain stationary in your application? Just wondering if you need a drop or a tether.

:?

It's on tracks, it drags the cord around like a mining machine.

You can't get into place without it being powered, had one die on a night job in a supermarket, a few thousand pounds dead in the produce dept. and the store going to open in a couple hours.

I helped the contractor out by literally forcing the motor contactor closed while the operator drove it up onto a pallet so they could get it out of the store with a pallet jack.

mstrlucky74

Romex?

You would use hard usage cord for that.

Typically they arrive on site with the cord(s) they need and a pig tail for the on site electrician to wire into the power source.

My experience has been more often then not the contractors using the Brock will bring a generator to power it.

Our power source is a panel 80'away...

mgookin

:?

It's on tracks, it drags the cord around like a mining machine.

You can't get into place without it being powered, had one die on a night job in a supermarket, a few thousand pounds dead in the produce dept. and the store going to open in a couple hours.

I helped the contractor out by literally forcing the motor contactor closed while the operator drove it up onto a pallet so they could get it out of the store with a pallet jack.

Thanks for the clarification. When he first posted it I thought it was stationary for an industrial process.

That's a lot of power to expect to get from a facility.

iwire

Staff member
That's a lot of power to expect to get from a facility.

Not as bad as many of the saw cutting machines but yes a pita to find a place to tie it in (safely) for a few hours.

I was very glad when more of the demo companies we work with started bringing a genset to run their equipment.

On the other hand I am very glad to see a brokk when it is 1AM, we have unwired display cases and are waiting on the demo guys to finish so we can do our new work.

For us a typical supermarket overnight goes like this.

Get to the store before close, get stuff out of the truck and ready, as soon as store closes we are running trying to unwire the cases as quickly as we can.

And then we sit and twiddle our thumbs waiting for the other trades, hopefully by 2 or 3 AM we can start wiring the new stuff, test it, get it down to temperature all by 7AM. Its one of those deals where more guys does not really help because all the trades, demo, carpenters, pipefitters, plumbers, floor tile guys and electricians are standing on each other.

mstrlucky74

The Brokk 100 in the attachment says it draws 32a. Assume a 3P breaker would be needed.......not other info on the cut sheet.

__dan

The cord would have to plug into an outlet, 400.7 B iirc. After that you may do whatever you want with it.

First step would be to confirm with the manufacturer the voltage and freq requirement, if it really needs 400 volt 50 Hz. It says it has a soft start, so the soft start will detect voltage / freq mismatch. First step would be to see if you can match the load voltage required to the available system supply type. Will it run on 208 or 480v 60 Hz ?

mstrlucky74

The cord would have to plug into an outlet, 400.7 B iirc. After that you may do whatever you want with it.

First step would be to confirm with the manufacturer the voltage and freq requirement, if it really needs 400 volt 50 Hz. It says it has a soft start, so the soft start will detect voltage / freq mismatch. First step would be to see if you can match the load voltage required to the available system supply type. Will it run on 208 or 480v 60 Hz ?

I believe the cord gets hard wired right to the machine.

mgookin

Maybe they don't want someone driving that machine a little farther than the length of the cord and ripping the panel off the wall.
Better to rip a receptacle off the wall.
And best to not drive farther than the length of the cord, but the real world is what it is.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
My impression is that they use a brushless DC motor, so the frequency would not matter and the voltage would determine the maximum pump outlet volume and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.