How to make a sheetrock joint without framing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmhead

Well Chris this is what we call payback !

But this is also respect for ones work which each year gets worst on the job that was done on purpose it was no accident you need to take a hammer and rip down that drywall replace cable then wait for the drywaller to come back !

They make screws shorter for walls that are like this install guess they dont know that!!!!! And a good drywall guy would have not hit your MC cable .

What kinda temp power do you have on site ?

PM me i have a solution i will not post here but it will clean the brushes up real good in that drywallers screw gun he will not need a stud finder anymore the sparks will fine the studs for him from the tip to the wall Chris hee hee :D

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
we use nail plates alot ,but no matter what you do some sheetrock hanger some where will drive a screw through something.we had a hanger run a screw through a piece of emt once,and just the other day a vinyl siding installer drove a 2.5 inch nail through the wall and into the buss on a brand new 200 amp panel on a new home,these siding installers are idiots and i have spoke to them about the length of their nails,i think their saying is if you need a half inch nail use a 2.5 inch.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
My main problem with drywallers is/was 1 GC we use to work for. He pushed everyone so hard to "get it done now" that no one had a moment to check or touch up anything. They constantly buried boxes and can lights, often cut way too wide around boxes and didn't mud them. Even with leveling brackets, devices would not grip rock well and be sturdy. I had to put spacers on screws to firm them up. They he complained about that too. His guys totally destroyed more than 1 box with rotozips, damaged a fair amount of wire. As I remember, most drywallers use to cut the rock ahead of time, cut a bit wide all around, hang the rock and mud the boxes well. They did get some mud in boxes, but that wasn't as bad as the damage done now. We could easily chip mud out. Now they mostly measure out, mark an x in center, then use the rotozip and eat the box and wire up. Easy to miss an x too and bury a box. They were also known to cut wires in the ceiling by using a long sawzall blade to cut out big sections of ceiling to move a wall, etc. We use to consider using the blue Carlon boxes from Big Blue or Big Orange, that were on slider brackets. You mount to stud and use set screw to move in or out. We could have stuck them out 2 inches, impossible to bury. Then slide back to flush.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
My main problem with drywallers is/was 1 GC we use to work for. He pushed everyone so hard to "get it done now" that no one had a moment to check or touch up anything. They constantly buried boxes and can lights, often cut way too wide around boxes and didn't mud them. Even with leveling brackets, devices would not grip rock well and be sturdy. I had to put spacers on screws to firm them up. They he complained about that too. His guys totally destroyed more than 1 box with rotozips, damaged a fair amount of wire. As I remember, most drywallers use to cut the rock ahead of time, cut a bit wide all around, hang the rock and mud the boxes well. They did get some mud in boxes, but that wasn't as bad as the damage done now. We could easily chip mud out. Now they mostly measure out, mark an x in center, then use the rotozip and eat the box and wire up. Easy to miss an x too and bury a box. They were also known to cut wires in the ceiling by using a long sawzall blade to cut out big sections of ceiling to move a wall, etc. We use to consider using the blue Carlon boxes from Big Blue or Big Orange, that were on slider brackets. You mount to stud and use set screw to move in or out. We could have stuck them out 2 inches, impossible to bury. Then slide back to flush.
They'll just bend the sheetrock over the box or knock them back with a framing hammer.

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
we had one job that had 4 square metal boxes with 5/8 mud rings on them and the sheetrock hangers routered the screw holes off of about 5 boxes,you cant tell me that they could not tell something was up

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
That would have been worth a fiery complaint to the GC or the sheetrockers' boss. No excuse for such crap as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.