how to use this tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Don't know. I'm the equipment guy - not the barbecuer. But, I doubt I would spent the time to build a hardwood fire to light the hardwood charcoal - assuming I could find either one. The only native wood available is birch, cottonwood, or spruce.

Still, in the summer (after breakup) we do use an outdoor 4' firepit - 1" expanded metal screen for the grill. That will be a birch/cottonwood fire - lit with kerosene (HF1) Cooking temp is regulated by position. Outside edges are cooler than the center. Need to keep it smoking and stay downwind - mosquitos.

ice

Purists use electric charcoal lighters. They do work well.

41Wu3xbofCL._SY450_.jpg

But I guess the point is moot if you have no available supply of charcoal.

Probably we just aren't as smart as you guys are. Living in the great North is both a trick and a trip.

Two of the most intelligent people I have ever exchanged posts with live in Alaska. One near Fairbanks in North Pole (the town, not the actual pole), the other near Palmer.

So, I know it's not stupid to live in the arctic.

Crazy maybe, but not stupid.

I know just by what we go through here in the winter that life in the north requires not only fortitude, but an entirely different skill set. Waling and driving on glare ice, for instance.

I hate winter, but it's a small price to pay for our Utopian summers and being able to live in a state with 69,000 lakes. That's 6 times more than Minnesota, plus we are surrounded by the Great Lakes, which are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.