How would you react

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaov

My experience has been that 99.9% of the time it isn't personel. One of the tough things about living is we often get in the way of mentaly ill people. There are so many unhappy people in the world. They do not know that happiness is not "out there". It is something we find within ourselves. The unhappy are deluded into thinking that we either have something to do with their unhappiness, or that kicking you will somehow relieve thier misery. It is our egos that make us believe that it is personel.Our egos are also the source of of our own misery.Don't let someone who you know is screwed up decide how you are going to feel today. You do not know if today is your last day on earth so you ought to enjoy it!!:smile:

cschmid

Today I am relaxed and ready to go..I will be in pressidents office as soon as I can today..I have been there before on him and how he needs stress management training..I am still mad enough to say as soon as I find new Job I am gone..Will see how I feel after the meeting..

TwinCitySparky

Simple message

Simple message

iaov said:
My experience has been that 99.9% of the time it isn't personel. One of the tough things about living is we often get in the way of mentaly ill people. There are so many unhappy people in the world. They do not know that happiness is not "out there". It is something we find within ourselves. The unhappy are deluded into thinking that we either have something to do with their unhappiness, or that kicking you will somehow relieve thier misery. It is our egos that make us believe that it is personel.Our egos are also the source of of our own misery.Don't let someone who you know is screwed up decide how you are going to feel today. You do not know if today is your last day on earth so you ought to enjoy it!!:smile:

What a fantastic way to look at things. If most people would simply adopt this attitude... you could just imagine what a world it would be!;)

cschmid

iaov said:

I did not know you knew my boss..I work with a guy who is clinically depressed this is a challange..My boss has had open surgery and had triple bypass..he can not get insurance and is on and of the meds constantly it is part of the source of his misery..Yet his misery does not warrant him treating me as his whipping boy..he needs help and I think the company should require it and maybe even split it with him..since they are the root reason for his anxiety..Maybe give him a raise so he can afford his medication and take it regularly..

Oh and thank You very nicely phrased..

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
iaov said:
There are so many unhappy people in the world. They do not know that happiness is not "out there". It is something we find within ourselves.
"If you're happy now, you'll be happy forever.
If you wait to be happy, you'll be waiting forever."

cschmid

Now I am almost without words..had meeting with president and boss today..Big boss says I would like to clarify that your Job is not in jeopardy..But it has come to our attention that some of the employees believe you are taking advantage of your position and using company resources for you own personal gain..Whatttttt...boss say I have been watching you for a couple of weeks now and Have found the allegations unfounded..But we need to talk about appearances..Then went on to describe the incident on sunday..The appearances were that you were using our company for your personal benefit even though we know better the people watching due not..So in the future please be more mindful of your enviroment..So when am I suppose to do this extra work..well you need to enlist the other employees..what about over time..Oh no nothing over forty for them..then what am I suppose to do..you can come in early or stay late but no more Sunday period only can do Saturday mornings until noon..We have been working with Nate on this very issue..

Talk about BS and tie my hands..later on this morning I find out Nate resigned and his last day is the end of the month..I see their coaching has worked..they are going to hire someone they know for temporary and will worry about it when it is time for him to move on..I guess his wife has a job as a nurse and after so long of employment the hospital forgives her educational bill..then after that back to Alaska for them..I don't even know what to say I am rally at a loose now..I must think about this..

billsnuff

appearances

appearances

Hey boss, i got your back, making sure it's planned, executed and on time, even if it takes some of my sunday, why don't you have mine? :mad:

I have employees like you, cschmid, I have to make them take time off at times. Unfortunately, I can't tell them enough how much it is appreciated. But they know I go to bat for them when it's required, even if it is with another employee. I like to keep the ones who care, cause it seems the rest are always looking for a job.

Like Red says, hang in there........

jrannis

cschmid said:
So you are setting at the shop and it is Sunday afternoon you are doing some testing and calculating..By the way this was a couple hour project..when your boss comes by (not the owner ) just back from vacation..walks right on by and does not even say Hi even after being greeted..then calls you at home and says we need to talk..monday morning (today) does not even say hi and accuses you of stealing and not with words..then says that is the way it appeared to Him..before I was even given the opportunity to explain to him what I was up to..Now tell me how should a person feel..he walks right by does not even ask what I am up to just judges me..I know I am still livid even after working out in the gym for an hour and half..but how should I feel when your boss disrespects you like that..Just for the record I am the physical plant supervisor and the construction manager..

OK help us out with what the "testing and calculating" project is.
And
What was your boss up to when he came by?

cschmid

I was trying to simulate some wiring methods used on the job site..I was assembling the system and trying to time how long and it took..I can not include all aspects of the site because I am in the shop..Hence why it was Sunday afternoon..Do that in plain site during the week and see how your crews react..

If I am going to complain about being over budget on labor I better see where I am losing the most time..I was told it took longer then I had estimated for these assemblelies..So I purchased the exact materials as they used and tried to simulate it..

I guess the real problem is I had my parade rained on..I used to be able to take off and go do my personal stuff like doctors appointments..I would make the time up later or on weekends..I thought no really care when as long as it was done..I guess I am wrong..Now I have to figure out a new way to due some items and I guess sh-- rolls down hill..I now have some restrictions that are really minor but non the less a pain in my butt..extra paper work..I love paper..

edited: I have no idea why my boss was there..But he is workaholic..Just him and his wife no grandkids..so he spends alot of free time at work doing stuff..He built bird houses one weekend and the following weekend went and installed them around the property so he could improve his birds watching..He has some out side of his office that over looks the lake..

Last edited:

jrannis

Remember, that most of the time the sickest and most insane egomaniacs end up high in the corporate structure and get the most power. Nice people come and go because they refuse to deal with them. Make sure you address the issue in your exit interview.

cschmid

I just pray I do not turn out like that..My contract is up at end of the month..We will see how it goes he has been all nice to me now..drives me nuts..But I am the pro and I know it and so does he..:grin: this could be a ploy just to try and not give me a raise..the games people play just to try and control you..:smile: Blow of the steam and move on and I hope I have..Just remember screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me...

satcom

cschmid said:
I was trying to simulate some wiring methods used on the job site..I was assembling the system and trying to time how long and it took..I can not include all aspects of the site because I am in the shop..Hence why it was Sunday afternoon..Do that in plain site during the week and see how your crews react..

If I am going to complain about being over budget on labor I better see where I am losing the most time..I was told it took longer then I had estimated for these assemblelies..So I purchased the exact materials as they used and tried to simulate it..

The real problem seems to be the way you went about it, I would of been out of my head if i had see you putting together an assy to time it, we have been keeping actual data for 3 generations, and use this data to compare estimates, we use time and motion data from estimating sheets, to plan and estimate the jobs, and by on site supervision we can update the sheets, but to assemble something to check the time, is no way to do it, you should of had better supervision of the jobs all along, your boss is being kind not to take ferther action, move on, and learn how to gather the needed data from the actual job site.

Another issue is when an employee does a job, they may never meet the estimated figures, you need to allow for different experience levels and job conditions.

Last edited:

220/221

Monday, after you have cooled down, go to him directly and TELL him that he owes you an apology. Tell him it has been really bothering you and that there is no way that he should have jumped to that conclusion.

Demand respect and walk away with a handshake and the problem resolved.

iwire

Staff member
220/221 said:
Monday, after you have cooled down, go to him directly and TELL him that he owes you an apology. Tell him it has been really bothering you and that there is no way that he should have jumped to that conclusion.

Demand respect and walk away with a handshake and the problem resolved.

IMO that was the best response in this thread.

cschmid

SATCOM did you call and talk to my boss..We had that discussion and I said that is what the journeyman on the site was claiming was the time alloted were not accurate for the job..I think I figured it out and done the way he described the time was not accurate..You can take all the books in the world and still find mistakes..Yes I get really mad and I got mad on Sunday and I was piss off on monday..I handled it wrong completely but by Wednesday were back working together as a team for the betterment of the company..I will harbor my feeling for a long time and the damage is permanent..I will no longer trust him and I know the rules a will use them..

I have calmed down and we have discussed this he has been in my office every morning just before 7am..If I would of been stealing I would be in jail..

You can apologize and you can tell me anything you want but after 8 yrs together the first thought that crossed your mind was that I was stealing is wrong..I don't care that destroys trust in a relationship period and a apology will not correct that..

Remember the last guy he did this too resigned, finished at the end of the month..Time will tell now..This is not the first run in I have had with this man..when you allow an 18 year old on the very top of three sections of scaffolding on a single 2X10 plank with no hand rails, fall protection, and I mean nothing between her and death on a concrete gym floor..I might have an issue..

I just don't understand how they keep letting him make liabilities and he is knowingly do it..He is still the boss so I :smile: and keep going..

satcom

Just relax, the stealing thing is something you don;t jump into unless you have proof and even then it is a rough charge, but i can see him wondering why your in on a sunday, estimates are just thatm an estimation of time it takes to do a task, many things can change the time it takes to do a job, just try to make some time to visit the sites, and study the way they going about their work, you may find some clues as to why they are not producing, I would not ponder on why he jumper to accuse you, and try to avoid contact with him if you can. Good luck.

cschmid

I do visit the sites everyday in-fact sometimes feel like errand boy..I am not upset and I am sorry if my penmanship mad you feel I was..

I don't know the proof but like he said the appearance was there..I bought redundant materials for a job and I was using them in the shop on a non business day and I had not cleared it with him first..I had been reported by someone else of taking advantage of my position for my own personal gain..So all the appearances were there for a negative reaction..I did have a part in this I still don't like his reaction but I am guilty of the appearance of wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.