I need Help with a bending radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Looks good. :thumbsup: I knew you were in the mood.
Thanks... but I wasn't in the mood when I said so (don't want to appear a liar :happyno:). I was thinking in terms of a formula using a natural curve rather than arcs and tangent lines. The "simple formula" will suffice in general though.

Very professional. Hardly ever see anyone draw threads nowadays.

Thanks. It's also tapered:jawdrop:

I am attaching two updated ones. Please note that the significant reduction in the available bending space comes from the bushed/cast entry points into the main condulet cavity.

Both are 1" LB's and one shows #12 power wiring and the another one #10. Now, you have to look at these drawings that normally they also run a 5/c-#14 control cable in the same conduit and you can easily see that it is just would NOT be a good fit.

View attachment LB27_1in_12AWG.pdf View attachment LB27_1in_10AWG.pdf

Smart $

Esteemed Member

Both are 1" LB's and one shows #12 power wiring and the another one #10. Now, you have to look at these drawings that normally they also run a 5/c-#14 control cable in the same conduit and you can easily see that it is just would NOT be a good fit.

Sure... the 1" LB will suffice for bend radius requirement, but the conduit fill requirement will override the minimum LB size. According to Okonite, their 5/C 14AWG TC-ER has a 0.48" diameter. The minimum size GRC for it and one of the other two cables is 1-1/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.