I propose..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Now if we could just get wire to be viewed as a controlled substance.....
Then we would have to get prescriptions to buy supplies.

Hey, maybe they could be issued only with permits! :)

"Excuse me! Are you properly licensed to practice wiring?!"

daleuger

Then you probably wouldn't get the lower prices on wire at the big box stores because they wouldn't want to go through the hassle. I mean for meds you have to have a licensed pharmacist to sell them. What do you call the guy licensed to sell wire?

realolman

Then you probably wouldn't get the lower prices on wire at the big box stores because they wouldn't want to go through the hassle. I mean for meds you have to have a licensed pharmacist to sell them. What do you call the guy licensed to sell wire?

A conductor conductor?:-?

bob

In that case, I propose that we leave the NEC as it is. :)

Never. Never. Never. Not until this absurdity is cleared up.
250.122(B) states" Where ungrounded conductors are increased in size, equipment grounding conductors, where installed, shall be increased in size proportionately according to the circular mil area of the ungrounded conductors".

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy
That they make the NEC easier to understand!

Then, anybody could do it.

Yuppers, there it is! :D

Cheap hacks to the right, cheap hacks to the left...Here I am stuck in the middle with you(apologies to Steeler's Wheel band)

Till people actually understand what we do takes a lot, some joker from a home improvement show will continue to help people burn down their places...and wonder "How did that happen"??

Status
Not open for further replies.