Ideal Suretest 61-165

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

Just got off the phone with one of Ideal's field engineers. For those of you who are following their upgrade to the unit, (61-165), YES, the ELL (Estimated Load on Line), feature WILL be included in the AFCI feature upgrade. There will be two new features. One will be max. current available, and the other will be present current online. Now with that said, it will have a tolerance of +/- approx. 2A due to different impedances per app..

Make note, the deadline for the free upgrade, (free depending on serial#), is April 1st which was extended from December 1st, so get them in ASAP. Mine went off today. Sounds like turnaround will be around two weeks,...not bad at all for a free service. The upgrade was called for due to problems with AFCI testing in the new dual breakers, as you all know, but the new ELL feature WILL be added. I wanted to make this post because for many of you, including myself, the question of the new ELL feature has been up in the air. Now it's settled.

Take care everyone, work safe, and play hard:wink:

~brad

ohm

Just got off the phone with one of Ideal's field engineers. For those of you who are following their upgrade to the unit, (61-165), YES, the ELL (Estimated Load on Line), feature WILL be included in the AFCI feature upgrade. There will be two new features. One will be max. current available, and the other will be present current online. Now with that said, it will have a tolerance of +/- approx. 2A due to different impedances per app..

Make note, the deadline for the free upgrade, (free depending on serial#), is April 1st which was extended from December 1st, so get them in ASAP. Mine went off today. Sounds like turnaround will be around two weeks,...not bad at all for a free service. The upgrade was called for due to problems with AFCI testing in the new dual breakers, as you all know, but the new ELL feature WILL be added. I wanted to make this post because for many of you, including myself, the question of the new ELL feature has been up in the air. Now it's settled.

Take care everyone, work safe, and play hard:wink:

~brad

Good news! Will the new units have a special designation?

wptski

I called about my 61-165 today. It was received on 1/30/09, logged in the system on 2/2 and shipped back on 2/6. They gave me a UPS tracking number but "don't" normally email you this.

It must have missed a scan because it shows no delivery date!:rolleyes:

I also wonder if it'll be tagged somehow to show it has been updated? The Ideal's site posted manual still doesn't show the new features yet. Wonder if it will include a manual update sheet?

Bill Annett

Occupation
Retired ( 2020 ) City Electrical inspector
Roger.

Thanks for the the link. I new nothing about this until this thread came up. I just called them. I will be send our 61-165 back shortly. Also I want to thank 76nemo for starting this topic.

76nemo

I called about my 61-165 today. It was received on 1/30/09, logged in the system on 2/2 and shipped back on 2/6. They gave me a UPS tracking number but "don't" normally email you this.

It must have missed a scan because it shows no delivery date!:rolleyes:

I also wonder if it'll be tagged somehow to show it has been updated? The Ideal's site posted manual still doesn't show the new features yet. Wonder if it will include a manual update sheet?

Yes Bill, I asked, the upgrade will come with a manual supplement.

76nemo

Roger.

Thanks for the the link. I new nothing about this until this thread came up. I just called them. I will be send our 61-165 back shortly. Also I want to thank 76nemo for starting this topic.

No problem friend, that's what the forum is for.

Take care, work safe.

~brad

ohm

Yes Bill, I asked, the upgrade will come with a manual supplement.
It will come with a manual supplement but I wonder if s/n is less than 0826001 will it have some mark to show it has the firware update?

I guess if you can run the feature it has the update, but if your buying one on-line or secondhand it would take the guesswork out of it. Thanks Bill.

76nemo

It will come with a manual supplement but I wonder if s/n is less than 0826001 will it have some mark to show it has the firware update?

I guess if you can run the feature it has the update, but if your buying one on-line or secondhand it would take the guesswork out of it. Thanks Bill.

I just put in that call, and have to call back for a certain rep in an hour. I'll get back to you ohm on this.

76nemo

Thanks Bill.

Who you calling Bill??? I'm the dummy:D I just got off the phone with Ideal. The units sent in for thee upgrade are going to have an updated serial #. When anyone wants to purchase a new unit, second hand or not, if the serial # is above 08260001, than the unit has been upgraded or new off the lot.

wptski

Who you calling Bill??? I'm the dummy:D I just got off the phone with Ideal. The units sent in for thee upgrade are going to have an updated serial #. When anyone wants to purchase a new unit, second hand or not, if the serial # is above 08260001, than the unit has been upgraded or new off the lot.
The same number I called to setup the RGA# before sending it in. At first, the girl said that it hadn't been shipped, then checked its status with someone else and then said it was shipped.

76nemo

The same number I called to setup the RGA# before sending it in. At first, the girl said that it hadn't been shipped, then checked its status with someone else and then said it was shipped.

That is soooo aggravating. Did you speak with Terri??? She seemed very nice and very pleasant.:smile:

ohm

Oops, sorry Brad. Thanks for all the legwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.