Impact Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

Aw, c'mon! I posted a pic and the model, why can't you? :weeping:

Seriously, I've never tried the inertia type of driver. Does it work well, and do what you want, or does it sometimes aggravate you?

I still have yet to figure out a way to copy and paste links on this phone.:ashamed1:

As to the functionality of the screwdriver, I find it is very convenient if a screw starts to cross thread, or it is over tightened, to just tilt it to the left for a second, then back right. I don't think I've ever tried to use it vertically, so I can't vouch for its efficacy in that application. the feature is never aggravating though, the only limitation of the screwdriver is if the battery needs to be recharged, you do not have a screwdriver since the battery is integral to it. The battery lasts all day though for screwing in devices and wall plates, and for putting wires on the side screws, it can be used as a manual screwdriver to do the final tightening.

Its biggest advantage is its very compact size, it's roughly the size and shape of a small pear, and it weighs less than half of the model you pictured. It also fits into very tight spaces, which is nice if the receptacle you're trying to work on is behind a very heavy piece of furniture... You only need to move it about 6 inches away.

They run about $20, so you really can't go wrong.

Eta the screwdriver is called a Black & Decker 4V MAX Lithium Gyro rechargeable, part number bdcs40g.

Last edited:

Adamjamma

I still have yet to figure out a way to copy and paste links on this phone.:ashamed1:

As to the functionality of the screwdriver, I find it is very convenient if a screw starts to cross thread, or it is over tightened, to just tilt it to the left for a second, then back right. I don't think I've ever tried to use it vertically, so I can't vouch for its efficacy in that application. the feature is never aggravating though, the only limitation of the screwdriver is if the battery needs to be recharged, you do not have a screwdriver since the battery is integral to it. The battery lasts all day though for screwing in devices and wall plates, and for putting wires on the side screws, it can be used as a manual screwdriver to do the final tightening.

Its biggest advantage is its very compact size, it's roughly the size and shape of a small pear, and it weighs less than half of the model you pictured. It also fits into very tight spaces, which is nice if the receptacle you're trying to work on is behind a very heavy piece of furniture... You only need to move it about 6 inches away.

They run about $20, so you really can't go wrong.
I
Eta the screwdriver is called a Black & Decker 4V MAX Lithium Gyro rechargeable, part number bdcs40g.
This is what I use for some work.., like that there is no switches to it really..you turn it one direction and it screws that way, turn it the other and it turns that way... plus has a little light.

Status
Not open for further replies.