Isolation of neutral at Sub Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

websparky

Re: Isolation of neutral at Sub Panels

Originally posted by awwt:
Originally posted by Ed MacLaren:
<snip>It could be called - Rants & Opinions <snip>
It would be valuable to have a forum section where it's OK to have a discussion that is not confined to ending up with a citation from the NEC.

Additionally, I personally would like to see a forum section called "Workmanship & Tips" (or such) where we could share ideas for taking installations beyond code minimum.

../Wayne C.
Anyone else interested in a forum site like this??
I could provide one!
It could be for the opinions and theories of electrical personnel without censorship. Of course, there would be the usual rules for civility!

Let me know........

monkey

I am all for it. Right now I only read the "Bonding & Grounding" and the "Nec" forums. It would be great to have one with opinions and especially tips and experiences from fellow sparkies.
Brian

websparky

Yes.
Everyone may register. All will be welcome.
The purpose of the forum will be to educate, debate and explore electrical matters.

Any suggestions as to content??

ryan_618

I also would be for it. Wayne stated something to the effect of not having to have an NEC reference to end the discussion. I don't think that will ever be possible, but I like the idea just the same.

Thanks for the offer Dave, very kind of you. :)

pierre

How about:
1. continuing education for the electrical industry.

2. How to use the UL White Book with the NEC.

3. Where are GOOD sources of educational information on the internet.

4. What do different states require for code. list from state to state.

5. what are good ideas for a better working relationship with contractors and inspectors.

6. Also with the Utility companies

7. For the Merit or open shops what about the training of the men in the field, apprentices and journeymen. Extending this to any interested, although the open shop really has not much formal education for the men/women.

8. How about teaching the consumer about safety and how to hire a competent EC. This could lead into homeowner awareness and proper preventative maintenance on a residential level, especially in some of the older parts of the country.

9. How about the importance of the local level monthly meetings for contractors and men, as in contractor associations and IAEI type of meetings.

10. Keeping up with technology and the equipment that is constantly changing. What now seems to be the monthly changes we see and how to keep up with them. Have a manufacturers corner or something like that, where we can get direct info from them. Status Qoe these days is CHANGE!!!

11. Mutual respect between the contractor and his/her men. There is so much disrespect these days, it cannot be helping our industry. What is the answer, how do both sides start rethinking?

12.Getting more involved in the code making process. Maybe this or other forums can work together in the proposal process, a great sense of comradery and satisfaction.

13. An instructors forum, to help each other out with teaching strategies and instructional information.

These are a start, some of them may be idealistic, but isn't that what it is all about?

Pierre

[ October 13, 2003, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: pierre ]

websparky

All very good ideas!

Thanks for your interest in the concept.

All are invited to login at the new site at
www.electricalmatters.com and contribute for the benefit of the trade.

Let's make it happen!

PS. If the site does not come up for you, wait a day or two for your ISP to get the new domain directory updates. The site is live for my ISP as of noon today.

[ October 13, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: websparky ]

Status
Not open for further replies.