Jacuzzi Brand Hot Tub Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigredjeepone

Good morning. First let me say I am installing this hot tub for a friend and I am not a licensed electrician. I have worked in the industry for 2 years and understand how to run circuits and install gfis. So please do not attack me if you are not willing to help me trouble shoot.

The tub is a plug and play unit and I converted the tub to run on 240 per his request. It is being feed through a 50 amp breaker in the sub panel to a 50 amp gfi disconnect.

I understand the wiring to the unit. However I am getting a ground fault and can even feel the current back flowing from the aluminum control panel case to the ground wire. Short of un hooking everything from the spa control panel and checking each component, have any of you installed many spa tubs and experienced this?

I am simply asking because I like to talk things through and spas are a different animal do to their design. I suspect the heater is the cause as it is a hot water heater style element. The heater case is grounded to the control panel and power lead ground is also attached to the heater case.

Let me end by saying the tub is not being used and an expert will be called to review the repair.

iwire

Staff member
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.