Kitchen or Not????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

It is an apartment or a house?
Is there already a kitchen in the apartment or house?

If this is the only place that has a sink and counter-top then it must be the kitchen in order for the apartment/house to be considered a "dwelling unit".

frank_n

It's an addition. The house already has a kitchen although I don't believe it makes a difference. Since the receptacle will be raised (directly behind the shelf) I think the microwave will be considered perm. I am going to ask the AHJ on Monday, but I am curious to what you guys think

Frank

jwjrw

Its on our countys contractor web site. Its a ruling on the definition of a kitchen as they see it. It boils down to the definition of permanent facilities for food prep and cooking. They say it is.

jwjrw

Its on our countys contractor web site. Its a ruling on the definition of a kitchen as they see it. It boils down to the definition of permanent facilities for food prep and cooking. They say it is.

I take back what I said:roll: I was told it was on the web site..... What I just read was commercial kitchens is where food is prepared for the public. Then mentions breakrooms but microwaves are EXEMPT!:mad:
Trust but verify I guess. Sorry for the mis info guys

RETRAINDAILY

article 100 it looks new
KITCHEN. An area with a sink and permanent facilities for food preparation and cooking.
same article (100)
COOKING UNIT.....one or more heating elements
Is a microwave a cooking unit?

jwjrw

article 100 it looks new
KITCHEN. An area with a sink and permanent facilities for food preparation and cooking.
same article (100)
COOKING UNIT.....one or more heating elements
Is a microwave a cooking unit?

I say cooking really isnt microwaving something but you are cooking something. I had been just gfi and now I may not.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
In my state, a local rule says that if you wash your knife and fork and plate in the sink, you just created a kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.