Kitchen remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarchris

I'm pricing a Kitchen remodel that is slightly abnormal,as are most of my jobs ,lol.
The house is a '80's "modern" style split level. Exterior 200A panel, with space, near kitchen location....so home runs won't be bad at all. It includes:
-Moving 4 small app recs locations and making them "sideways".
- Adding 2-4 more small app counter top recs.
- move DW to opposite side of kitchen
-has sconces above counter, between windows (no upper cabs) these will be moved up to track lighting running the 15-18' counter length. I'm betting wire comes from under the house, so will be pulling down to j-box under house and re-feeding to new light locations.
- change 6 overhead hanging lights in vaulted ceiling to sloped cans.
-add hanging light over peninsula , and new switch location (nothing existing for this)
- Add track light over couch on wall, new switch & dimmer
-circuit/rec for instant Hot water
-Island/peninsula rec. might make its own circuit, panel's soo close
-Wine cooler circuit
-Appliance garage 2 gang rec, on own circuit.
-Add 3 recs down low, standard height, in bathroom area on 1st floor.
-move 2 sconces in upstairs bathroom from ceiling to wall tight attic above
-Replace flood light on garage w/ "Gotcha" motion light

Job is 30 mins away.

my price came to $3625, sound high??

gndrod

$

$

What is framing above the ceiling cans and the ceiling pitch? Might be an extra cost to match the can angle let alone fishing up to it if finished roof above. More accessibility and finish data would help.

Last edited:

guitarchris

the ceiling is pretty steep with roof above (no attic in that area). I'm betting I will end up with holes in the sheetrock at several locations. main kitchen wall is exterior wall, so there will be insulation for sure. That is where the track lighting over the counters will be.

gndrod

the ceiling is pretty steep with roof above (no attic in that area). I'm betting I will end up with holes in the sheetrock at several locations. main kitchen wall is exterior wall, so there will be insulation for sure. That is where the track lighting over the counters will be.

Sounds like you are doing the finish too. Maybe Ceb is right about being low...depends where you are too. An exterior panel combination is common in CA?

guitarchris

no, any holes I make will be repaired by a dry wall guys, on the H.O.'s dime, not included in this price. This is understood from the get go. We try not to make any hole but in a situation like this it's bound to happen. Also, I just mentioned the insulation in the exterior wall for knowledge about how difficult fishing wires to the track lights may be.

Last edited:

guitarchris

S An exterior panel combination is common in CA?
NC, North Carolina, not California just in case there is a mix up... andy es, exterior panels are fairly common here. It's a Meter beside the panel set up, not a Meter/Panel combo. This one is a run of the mill ITE or Siemens with a copper bus( so it's in good shape). Plenty of space and very close. Most of the Kitchen HR's will be 20ft max.

ceb58

no, any holes I make will be repaired by a dry wall guys, on the H.O.'s dime, not included in this price. This is understood from the get go. We try not to make any hole but in a situation like this it's bound to happen. Also, I just mentioned the insulation in the exterior wall for knowledge about how difficult fishing wires to the track lights may be.

Sound normal.

Two guys, one day rough, one partial day trim?

No way.

I'm betting It takes more than that, I was figuring a couple of days for the rough and a day for the trim. I'll have travel time in that, that's why I'm factoring full days. By the time you get there and get back you basicly have to charge for the day.

I would say no less than 3 days on rough with may be getting some of the other things done that are just replacing fixtures.
After rereading the OP's comments on the working conditions I must correct my orignal statement
Originally Posted by ceb58
Sounds low

Sounds really low

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
-Moving 4 small app recs locations and making them "sideways".
- Adding 2-4 more small app counter top recs.
- move DW to opposite side of kitchen
-has sconces above counter, between windows (no upper cabs) these will be moved up to track lighting running the 15-18' counter length. I'm betting wire comes from under the house, so will be pulling down to j-box under house and re-feeding to new light locations.
- change 6 overhead hanging lights in vaulted ceiling to sloped cans.
-add hanging light over peninsula , and new switch location (nothing existing for this)
- Add track light over couch on wall, new switch & dimmer
-circuit/rec for instant Hot water
-Island/peninsula rec. might make its own circuit, panel's soo close
-Wine cooler circuit
-Appliance garage 2 gang rec, on own circuit.
-Add 3 recs down low, standard height, in bathroom area on 1st floor.
-move 2 sconces in upstairs bathroom from ceiling to wall tight attic above
-Replace flood light on garage w/ "Gotcha" motion light

Since you've itemized the list do you have a cost breakdown for all of these items?

Status
Not open for further replies.