Large Pull Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

If you had a conduit bank with (11) 4",(2) 3",(2) 3-1/2",(2) 2" & (1) 2-1/2" and it was a straight horizontal run of about 300' what are your options for a pull point? Would a huge pull box be practical or would you use 'C' condulets? Thanks.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Unless I had more than 360? bend in a run, my option would be pull straight thru.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Pu straight thru without any condulet or box? No code violation due to distance without a pull point?

No, the pull point is required when you exceed 360? of bends in the run. And if needed, forget C conduit bodies on large conduit as they do not satisfy the 8X requirement for a pull point. Also if the run is vertical you will need support points for the conductors.

mstrlucky74

No, the pull point is required when you exceed 360? of bends in the run. And if needed, forget C conduit bodies on large conduit as they do not satisfy the 8X requirement for a pull point. Also if the run is vertical you will need support points for the conductors.

This is a horizontal run. I know about the vert supports. Can you explain the C condulet and not satisfying the 8x rule?

So you agree to pull straight thru for the scenario I laid out in my first post? Thanks

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
This is a horizontal run. I know about the vert supports. Can you explain the C condulet and not satisfying the 8x rule?

So you agree to pull straight thru for the scenario I laid out in my first post? Thanks

you price eleven 4" C condulets, and then allow for access to all of them on a rack.

when you find those condulets, can you post the catalog number here, so we all won't
have to look it up? thanks.

edit:
note to self.... randy, you are an idiot.

"A great place to start the explanation is to review an earlier post where you posed the same question:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthrea...light=condulet"

crap! he trolled me again! i'd forgotten this post entirely,
and i even replied to the stupid thing.

he trolled me TWICE, with the same bait.

Last edited:

mstrlucky74

you price eleven 4" C condulets, and then allow for access to all of them on a rack.

when you find those condulets, can you post the catalog number here, so we all won't
have to look it up? thanks.

edit:
note to self.... randy, you are an idiot.

"A great place to start the explanation is to review an earlier post where you posed the same question:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthrea...light=condulet"

crap! he trolled me again! i'd forgotten this post entirely,
and i even replied to the stupid thing.

he trolled me TWICE, with the same bait.

Agree with note to self!

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
since mstrlucky has an explanation link (again), I am closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.