Lighting contactor question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc14

Occupation
Engineer
I want to feed (6) 277V lighting circuits. The (6) lighting circuits will carry about 11A each.

Is there a lighting contactor that I can feed with a 30A, 480V, 3-phase, circuit breaker and then have (6) 277V, single phase circuits feed the lighting loads? Would the lighting contactor have (6) 1-pole circuit breakers to protect each lighting circuit? Would this have to be custom made or is this available off the shelf?

It is late here and my vendor is closed, decided to see if you all have seen anything like this.

Thanks,

rrc14

Occupation
Engineer
The MCC does not have the space to add (6) 1-pole circuit breakers, however, there is room to add a 3-pole circuit breaker.

Thanks,

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Lighting contactors are ridiculously expensive. I suggest using a 3p contactor to feed a small sub-panel, and break out your individual circuits from there.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Lighting contactors are ridiculously expensive. I suggest using a 3p contactor to feed a small sub-panel, and break out your individual circuits from there.

I agree and cant figure out why... here is where someone is going to learn me.... Whats special about a lighting contactor, or Def purpose contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.