Long weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I know it's not electrical related, but it could be.;)

So any plans for the long weekend, or do you even get a long weekend?

We've got the house up for sale so we've been busting our humps trying to get it ready to sell. I think we may actually be able to just sit back and relax this weekend after weeks of working on it night and weekends. I may start working on the arbor that I'm building for my daughters wedding in July.

I get every other Friday off so this is a nice 4 day weekend for me.

jumper

I can think of an electrical connection.

As we reflect upon the warriors who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, we could also give a note to those who died working our profession, for they are the reason that we now have safety rules that protect us.

I was once told that for every code section and OSHA rule, in the days of old, someone probably died to get it enacted and enforced. Their deaths helped/are helping us from unnecessary danger.

Not great writing or reasoning, but it was the best I could do.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I can think of an electrical connection.

As we reflect upon the warriors who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, we could also give a note to those who died working our profession, for they are the reason that we now have safety rules that protect us.

I was once told that for every code section and OSHA rule, in the days of old, someone probably died to get it enacted and enforced. Their deaths helped/are helping us from unnecessary danger.

Not great writing or reasoning, but it was the best I could do.

It's the thought that counts.:)

Gac66610

we wont make plans til Saturday, probably a mass text to all that may wish to grill

I have a 'daughter' (long story)whose boyfriend is deployed, hope he and all his brothers are doing well

congrates on the wedding

so will this arbor have lighting on it? :cool:

i think jumpers attempt to link this to electrical was better than mine:thumbsup:

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Menu for the Memorial Day BBQ is being planned. So far it includes very large chunks of meat smoked the night before, hot dogs for the kids, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, tossed salad, fruit salad, crab salad, pasta salad, watermelon, and rhubarb crisp with ice cream.

Keeping it electrical- I'm thinking about having a house wide Spot the Violations scavenger hunt.

stevenje

We've got the house up for sale so we've been busting our humps trying to get it ready to sell. I think we may actually be able to just sit back and relax this weekend after weeks of working on it night and weekends. I may start working on the arbor that I'm building for my daughters wedding in July.

The long weekend schedule:

5:01 Friday evening - cut office phone line wire at D mark.
5:02 Friday evening - cut office fax line wire at D mark.
5:03 Friday evening - remove company cell phone battery and clean terminals.
5:04 Friday evening - get side tracked and forget to reinstall company cell phone battery.
5:05 Friday evening - make note in day timer for 1st thing Tuesday to check out why office phones are not working.

Have a good long weekend and please don't forget to remember what the day was set aside for.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I'm thinking of changing my plans and going to Actiondave's house, but watching the race with Zog would be good too. Always the 600 and if I have time I watch the Indy 500 too.

jumper

The long weekend schedule:

5:01 Friday evening - cut office phone line wire at D mark.
5:02 Friday evening - cut office fax line wire at D mark.
5:03 Friday evening - remove company cell phone battery and clean terminals.
5:04 Friday evening - get side tracked and forget to reinstall company cell phone battery.
5:05 Friday evening - make note in day timer for 1st thing Tuesday to check out why office phones are not working.

Have a good long weekend and please don't forget to remember what the day was set aside for.

ROTFL :thumbsup:

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

autocad.

goal is to have wet ink signed drawings tuesday morning, 7am at plan check.....
crossing fingers, figure it's an even money chance to get a permit at the counter.

main goal is to have 1,000' 2" emt up, feeders pulled, transformers set on wall,
panels set below transformers, and panels hot..... by sunday. the hard part is going
to be pulling 750' of 2/0 by myself... however, i have a plan for that. i hope.

cross your fingers, and rub a lucky rabbits for for me if you have one. i have a chore
in front of me. on the other hand, this should be a very profitable week.

this weekend? when i'm not clicking on the mouse, bbq, and loafing. i'm pooped.

ya all have fun......

jumper

Menu for the Memorial Day BBQ is being planned. So far it includes very large chunks of meat smoked the night before, hot dogs for the kids, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, tossed salad, fruit salad, crab salad, pasta salad, watermelon, and rhubarb crisp with ice cream.

Now, I am hungry. When's lunch?

Trying to play with y'all really smart guys/gals on this forum, I usually just end up eating crow.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.