Master in WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGrockets

I passed the WI. master exam back in November.
Broke my ankle in January.
Now I am starting up my own little firm here and need all the help I can get.
It's been a long road this past winter but I am excited to get rolling again.
I have some commercial experience but I've always been a resi guy.
I enjoy it, even working in dumps dodging spider webs. God Bless America.
It takes all kinds and I've seen how they all live.

Getting back the Masters exam, I was stumped by a few questions that were not based on the NEC nor the WI Comm
codes I was instructed to study. One I recall was something like, " Where would you use a transfer switch?" then for answers it listed different occupancies, a fire house, commercial building etc.
It didn't make a lot of sense because it wasn't a technical code based question but more of a State code.
I think I was led astray and not given the current list of Comm sections to study.
I must have guessed right on something because I did pass.

WIMaster

From what I remember of the masters test it would first and foremost have served us to have a masters in english first due to the way some of the questions were worded. Especially the multiple questions that should have said of these 4 correct answers which is most correct. :rant:

Most of it was NEC, some was Comm.16 some was NFPA72, and a few UBC on mine.

Glad you passed, most don't and only about 1 in 5 pass the first try.

copper chopper

yea i remember when i took it the same thing there where 4 B.S. questions that had nothing to do with code, they where building code or fire code answers. I complained about it but got nowhere...LOL.

anyway congrats on starting your own shop its going to be tough in this economy especially if your a 1 man show...
try to go far cleints that have the money, always follow the money and even in a recession you will be working.
such as: places that work with the dead, health care facilities, insurance places, information technology places, colleges.
these are some of the places that keep me working year round. but like I said if your a 1 man show like assume you are I dont know what to tell you maybe you could farm yourself out to other shops that are busy and need a guy for 2 weeks and dont want to hire someone for that time period only to have to lay them off and pay there unemployment.You might try that angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.