maximum amount of #12 wires to fit into 3/4" pvc pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

Pierre C Belarge said:
Take the length of the pipe, and multiple the number of conductors permitted in the size EMT.

....somebody forgot to mention what size EMT this is here :D

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
iwire said:
Seems straight foward to me, 700' without looking in the book.

10 x 70' = 700'
If you looked at the book you would get:

279?70'=19,530'

Edit: Now we have a conduit size.

16?70'=1,120'

realolman

How about this? ... In a circuit where you install the maximum allowable number of #12 THHN wires,hooking them end to end, in a 70' piece of 3/4" EMT, and hook them to a continuous load on the maximum sized allowable breaker,... the load being installed on the end of the maximum length of LFMC that may be used without a ECG, in an ambient temperature of 556.67? Rankine, multiplied by the minimum required cubic inches of the two boxes?

There is a box on each end of the EMT and it is 10 ft from the breaker to the first box.

What is the electrician's name?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
realolman said:
How about this? ... In a circuit where you install the maximum allowable number of #12 THHN wires,hooking them end to end, in a 70' piece of 3/4" EMT, and hook them to a continuous load on the maximum sized allowable breaker,... the load being installed on the end of the maximum length of LFMC that may be used without a ECG, in an ambient temperature of 556.67? Rankine, multiplied by the minimum required cubic inches of the two boxes?

There is a box on each end of the EMT and it is 10 ft from the breaker to the first box.

What is the electrician's name?
Is this an inductive load?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Pierre C Belarge said:
What is the total length of 10 AWG, Type THHN conductors that can be installed in a 70 foot length of EMT?
That's easy: 70 feet. You guys make everything complicated. :roll:

Let me know if you want the quantity of 70' conductors. :cool:

Pierre C Belarge said:
My mistake, I misprinted the question. Lets try again

What is the total length of 10 AWG, Type THHN conductors that can be installed in a 70 foot length of 1 inch EMT?
I still say 70 feet. Anything more would hang out of the ends of the tube. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.