Merit shop Journeyman rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

Pay them based on what they deliver. Low pay will not attract the higher skill level. If 10 dollars an hour brings the skill level you want then pay 10 dollars an hour. Don't expect 20 dollar an hour skill for 10 dollars an hour pay. I would prefer to be known as the best paying contractor than the worst,.

gk351

Not from Cali, nor do I know What C-10 means? But Im a 3 man shop, I pay $19/hr for a journeyman, and $12 for a laborer with limited experience. My wages may shock some, but Im in rural IL, non union.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Considering doing some hiring and was wondering what some other C-10's are paying their non-union journeyman. I am in the Northern Ca.

Thanks

if i'm working with someone, it's another
C-10, and it isn't hourly, its daily.

socal, $400~$500 a day. flat rate.
we shall figure out what a good days work
is, and when that is done, we call it a day.

a day usually doesn't take 8 hours.

renosteinke

Cutting through all the hype ....

"Prevailing wage" = Non-union rate + the benefits you won't be getting. Ask the Union what their guys actually see in the take-home pay, and you've got a pretty good idea of the non-union rate.

brian john

Cutting through all the hype ....

"Prevailing wage" = Non-union rate + the benefits you won't be getting. Ask the Union what their guys actually see in the take-home pay, and you've got a pretty good idea of the non-union rate.

Treading lightly here, but I think that would be a nice mark to shoot for but I doubt it is a realistic wage paid across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.