Milbank line side tap kit

kwired

Electron manager
That's a moot point, though, isn't it? If it passes the NEC inspection but the POCO won't approve it, it might as well have failed the inspection.
It can pass NEC inspection and still not comply with the engineers plans as well. Some places I guess they do inspect to the plans as well as NEC though.

Here they are NEC inspectors, it is up to you to comply with other requirements beyond NEC, though those other requirements must also still comply with NEC.

It can pass NEC inspection but then along comes the structural inspection and you have weakened structural components with your wiring install - still a problem just not with the NEC inspector.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
Does anyone have a photo of how these tap lugs were installed in a milbank meter main combo? In our jurisdiction here it would not likely fly if on the meter can side since the utilities generally forbid anything in it besides their meter. But these might be a good option if installed on the main side if they fit, rather than downsizing the main breaker and using a load side connection which is how we usually do it with meter mains.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I have a hard time believing that a utility would truly object to these if you coordinated with them properly and gave them a line diagram and all, as long as they allow supply side connections at all. It's just an adapter for the load side lugs of the socket. They can't object to your having lugs to connect the customer wiring to the meter socket, that's a very necessary thing.

If it's a new service just install and get meter release from building department. If retrofitting an existing meter (probably not a good idea unless you are 99%+ sure it's a compatible Millbank) then every utility I've worked with has some sort of process for pulling and resealing a meter, including disconnect reconnect if necessary, to do this kind of work.