multiple quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

Yeah, put :

quote and /quote (in brackets) before and after the people's stuff you want to quote. This particular forum doesn't have the multiquote feature enabled for whatever reason. They don't seem fit to do much anyting nice for users here.

iwire

Staff member
jimport said:
Could someone please explain how to multiple quote in a post?

Some links that we hide in the FAQ button at the top of the page. :grin:

Help

Here is the information to do any of the tricks manually

BB Code

mdshunk said:
This particular forum doesn't have the multiquote feature enabled for whatever reason. They don't seem fit to do much anyting nice for users here.

Somebody must have taken Marc's lollypop. :rolleyes:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
iwire said:
Somebody must have taken Marc's lollypop. :rolleyes:

Yeah, must have.

Marc, I thought someone said you moderated somewhere, if we are so under par for your liking why are you here?

Roger

mdshunk

roger said:
Marc, I thought someone said you moderated somewhere, if we are so under par for your liking why are you here?
When did I ever say that? I like it here okay anyhow. It's just personally frustrating to see a site that is otherwise top-notch so behind the curve on the software end. The site still gets slow by the way.

Last edited:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
mdshunk said:
When did I ever say that? I like it here okay anyhow. It's just personally frustrating to see a site that is otherwise top-notch so behind the curve on the software end. The site still gets slow by the way.

Well please explain this "They don't seem fit to do much anyting nice for users here." statement.

Mike Holt provides these forums for free and if they don't have all the bells and whistles that you may think is necessary it surely doesn't mean there is "nothing nice" for the users does it?

If you will offer to pick up the tab for the site you might be able to get Mike to agree to some new options.

We all know the site gets slow and yes, it is frustrating, it is being addressed

BTW, I realize that you posted late last night and it may have been a simple case of PWI.

Roger

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
jimport said:
Bob,

I did a search using "quote" and "multiple quote" on the FAQ's. There was a 0 result.

Yes that is true, there was no specific information for multiple quotes but there was certainly information how to quote.

mdshunk

roger said:
BTW, I realize that you posted late last night and it may have been a simple case of PWI.
Interesting guess, but as I've said several times in the past, I don't drink and never have. I hold my body in higher regard than most of the moderators seem to.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
iwire said:
Yes that is true, there was no specific information for multiple quotes but there was certainly information how to quote.
Don't four quotes make a gallon? :grin:

mdshunk said:
I hold my body in higher regard than most of the moderators seem to.
You're probably right; they don't care about your body as much as you do.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
mdshunk said:
Interesting guess, but as I've said several times in the past, I don't drink and never have.
Okay, if you say so ;););)

Roger

charlie

jimport said:
Could someone please explain how to multiple quote in a post?
mdshunk said:
Yeah, put: quote and /quote (in brackets) before and after the people's stuff you want to quote.
I think you can do it by nesting the quote and end quote like Marc started but didn't finish. You end up with a double end quote. For what it is worth, I never liked nested quotes. :smile:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I believe that it was Bob, but it might have been Charlie that told me:

Hit the quote button and post your answer. Then highlight it all and right click your mouse and cut it. Then use the back button and go to the next post you want to quote and hit the quote key, post your response and then space down and right click your mouse and paste then hit submit.

I hope that makes sense.

I think Marc's a stud, at least he looks like it by his picture.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.