Mxslick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcspector

I just spoke with Tony and he is doing ok. He has clotting in his legs which he and I talked about months ago. If the Docs and meds get together he will be fine. Please send PM's, or post here thoughts to Tony for a speedy Motocross recovery. Get well my friend.

Greg

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Here's to a speedy recovery Tony, take care.

Roger

nakulak

best of luck on speedy recovery, dude. Don't forget that irish whiskey happens to be a great blood thinner (regardless of what the doc says)

mxslick

Thank you everyone!!

Thank you everyone!!

Thanks to Greg for starting this thread, and a big thank you to everyone who posts a reply here. It is very heartwarming to know that even though we've never met, so many folks care about what's going on. :D

This is the second (and hopefully last time) that this has happened. In late Jan my doctor and I made the decision to stop my blood thinners as I was completely free of clots, and the Coumadin was giving me some (mild) side effects.

However, we have now learned that I am prone to clotting, in large part because it had happened before.

I will have to continue taking the Coumadin now for the rest of my life, which is a small price to pay compared to the alternative.

I would like to let you all know that if you ever get any of the following symptoms, get checked out right away, don't wait like I did the first time:

Swelling, pain, redness, sensation of heat or pressure in arms or more commonly, legs. The pain may be sharp, throbbing or it may come and go at random (unlike a pulled muscle which usually hurts constantly and diminishes over time).

Throbbing sensations in the back of your lower legs or in your groin region, any redness or swelling there.

Shortness of breath, or nausea, lightheadedness in concert with leg swelling or other symptoms. Pressure or pain or any other odd sensations in your chest.

I have been lucky..twice. Most of the folks who get the clots that travel up from the leg like mine did the first time (this time they did not) either have a stroke or die instantly.

Please be careful, get plenty of exercise and if you're in a job or situation with extended sitting time, be sure to take breaks and walk around or at least flex your legs.

To end this post on a good note, first off with careful monitoring of my blood I should have no more issues..and while in the hospital I got a very through exam of my heart and it is in great shape, no problems at all there. :)

Once again, I thank you all for your concern, it is very touching. :) One of the many reasons I enjoy posting here is how great everyone is, even when we disagree. :)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome back, Tony! Anyone who rides on two wheels is okay by me. (Even if it's off-road. :smile:)

(Honda 750 Nighthawk)

electricmanscott

Hey Tony maybe we can ride together some time.

Stay tough,
Scott

Here's my machine..

Huffy.jpg

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
Another wish for a speedy recovery.

On a side note, watch what you eat. Foods high in iron will affect the level of the blood thinners in your blood. Ask you doctor for a list of foods that can do this.

mxslick

Welcome back, Tony! Anyone who rides on two wheels is okay by me. (Even if it's off-road. :smile:)

(Honda 750 Nighthawk)

LOL thanks Larry..I used to have a 1986 FZ750, it was a fun bike. I got more scared on that thing dealing with So Cal traffic than I ever have on a dirtbike. :D

Best of luck to you! 2 strokers live forever!! 4 strokes can be hard to start!!:D

Exactly! That and the cost kept me away from the 4-strokes. And I like the smell of pre-mix. :)

Tony, best wishes. I hope I'm here when you pass Iwire's post count.

Thank you kindly sir. I'll never pass iwire's count, unless we discuss MWBC's. :) Oh wait, then he and I will debate onward..oh well. :)

Welcome back Tony and heres hoping you can get off the Coumadin at some time in the future. :)

Thank you Charlie. However, it is now a given that I will be on the Coumadin for the rest of my life. (This is my second incident.) A minor price to pay, even though I don't like the side effects. (For me it has been muscle aches and fatigue.)

Another wish for a speedy recovery.

On a side note, watch what you eat. Foods high in iron will affect the level of the blood thinners in your blood. Ask you doctor for a list of foods that can do this.

Thanks Jim. Yes, there are some foods on the bad list, and anything high in Vitamin K is a no-no for me. (Like Brussels sprouts which I love.)

Since this is my second go-around, I am pretty up on my diet requirements thankfully.

Again thanks to all the folks here, it is nice to hear from you and know that you care!! :D

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Glad to hear you're taking care of it Tony.

Got some minor problems myself, but the meds keep them under control.

As we get older our bodies change and we need to keep an eye on those changes.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.