nail on knock out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

thanks john

thanks john

Oddly enough, there is no requirement with metal boxes - the above section is for nonmetallic boxes.

Keep looking it is there some where , other wise people would exceed box fill with cables in box. unless it has been droped from code the max was 1/2 inch past clamp. The metal box is included also , or people could tighten clamp on conductors with sheath removed.

Last edited:

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Keep looking it is there some where , other wise people would exceed box fill with cables in box. unless it has been droped from code the max was 1/2 inch past clamp. The metal box is included also , or people could tighten clamp on conductors with sheath removed.

The 1/4" may not be in 314.17(B) however the first line of 314.17 says " Conductors entering boxes, conduit bodies, or fittings shall be protected from ' abrasion' ***".

I do not think any inspector would 'try' to measure the 1/4" in a box.

If the sheathing is passed the clamp or box I'll bet it passes.

jetlag

The 1/4" may not be in 314.17(B) however the first line of 314.17 says " Conductors entering boxes, conduit bodies, or fittings shall be protected from ' abrasion' ***".

I do not think any inspector would 'try' to measure the 1/4" in a box.

If the sheathing is passed the clamp or box I'll bet it passes.

People can easily eyeball that 1/8 is no where near 1/4 , I go 1/2 eyeball so not worry , if AHJ doesnt like you or just loves to flag , will flag 1/8

Status
Not open for further replies.