NEC 2nd Draft Meetings - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

I will be tracking the 2nd Draft Meetings for CMP 3 and CMP 16 for the first part of this week and will add in CMP 15 later in the week. If there are any FR's or PC's you are curious about in these three panels, let me know and I will give you an update.

Next week will be CMP 8, CMP 14, and CMP 12...

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 0

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
As always I am interested in anything NEC/NFPA. Keep me updated :)

Question, can the public attend (watch) these meetings?

raider1

Staff member

Yes, the public can attend a CMP meeting. We had a few Visitors in the CMP 10 meeting. Visitors must get on the agenda if they want to speak to the panel during the official meeting.

CMP 10 is done for the 2nd draft meeting.

It was a good meeting. I was able to meet Bryan Holland for the first time.

Chris

bphgravity

Reject But See is not a REJECTED public comment...

Reject But See is not a REJECTED public comment...

One thing to keep in mind for this cycle is the different terms being used for committee actions on a public comment. Your comment may actually be accepted in whole or in part but will be published as "Reject But See". This simply means the committee bundled several public comments into one second revision. The committee includes what they like, and discards what they don't like in the bundled comments and makes one, 2nd revision for that section.

So don't be too upset if your PC is listed as Reject But See without reading the full 2nd revision to se if your specific comment was accepted in the revision.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Why is BPH ignoring me? :cry::cry: Here and in the GFCI thread. I have discovered the old adage to be true :(:

Attachments

• truth.jpg
    truth.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Why is BPH ignoring me? :cry::cry: Here and in the GFCI thread. I have discovered the old adage to be true :(:
Don't forget that the forum software allows a member to explicitly ignore another member. (Open that user's Profile and click "Add to Ignore List") In that case he literally will not be seeing anything you are posting until it is quoted by someone else. There will probably be an indication to the effect that someone you are ignoring has posted to the thread, though.

Last edited:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Don't forget that the forum software allows a member to explicitly ignore another member. (Open that user's Profile and click "Add to Ignore List") In that case he literally will not be seeing anything you are posting until it is quoted by someone else. There will probably be an indication to the effect that someone you are ignoring has posted to the thread, though.

Its truly sad when people are punished for wanting to share what they have discovered out of benefiting people. :happyno: The world is willing to accept anyone other then a well meaning free minded individual.

bphgravity

Week #2 at the 2017 NEC Second Draft Meetings. I will be attending CMP 8, CMP 12, and CMP 14. I may also spend some time in CMP 2 if possible.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 0

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO

Yes, you (public) are encouraged to attend. You can't speak or give your opinion unless the Chair knows in advance and approves. The meetings may be public but the ability to speak is not open to the public again unless the chair approves or feels your testimony is warranted.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Yes, you (public) are encouraged to attend. You can't speak or give your opinion unless the Chair knows in advance and approves. The meetings may be public but the ability to speak is not open to the public again unless the chair approves or feels your testimony is warranted.

Good to know. It would be really fun to hear the debates going on. :happyyes:

bphgravity

BTW, Im really curious whats going on the SER/NM ampacities. Any changes this cycle?

There were no Public Comments to 334.80 so FR 1825 will be the final language used in the 2017 NEC.

The (3) Public Comments to 338.10(B)(4) to restore the section back to the 2014 NEC were rejected. So, FR 1828 will likely be the final language used in the 2017 NEC. It is possible that a NITMAM will be made for this particular section. Stay Tuned...

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
There were no Public Comments to 334.80 so FR 1825 will be the final language used in the 2017 NEC.

The (3) Public Comments to 338.10(B)(4) to restore the section back to the 2014 NEC were rejected. So, FR 1828 will likely be the final language used in the 2017 NEC. It is possible that a NITMAM will be made for this particular section. Stay Tuned...

What is NITAM? :dunce:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician

Question, and the argument would have been one to hear, but why is 10 gauge and under SER/SEU restricted to the 60*C column?

Status
Not open for further replies.