NM Cable and three phase equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

Would not bother me a bit.

I get more depressed not making money. :D

But NM in commercial has really ended here once the prohibitions against running it above dropped ceilings went into place.

It should be noted that it's still allowed in Mass, it makes it easy if you have to modify or add something in a commercial occupancy.

peter d

I lived in ct befor I moved to nj and started doing Elc wrk in nj .

but you guys don't have exposed romex entering panels that would drive me crazy .

dame I would deff be depressed slinging all that romex in a nice commercial space .

lol

We don't have exposed romex entering panels? :huh: Actually, we have it everywhere so I'm not sure what you mean. It's not so common in commercial but it's around. In residential it's extremely common.

As for installing romex in commercial, I'd much rather install it than any other method. I'm not sure why there is so much opposition to a wiring method that is easier and faster.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
As for installing romex in commercial, I'd much rather install it than any other method. I'm not sure why there is so much opposition to a wiring method that is easier and faster.

I agree. Several years ago I wired an entire business park with NM. I was the only guy in the shop who would. Everybody else refused.

One building in particular...a fitness center, 6000 square feet. Receptacles were every 5 feet all the way around the perimeter and every receptacle was on a dedicated circuit.

I used 12-2-2 (black, red, red/white, white)
The red/white became my blue and I ran 3 curcuits in one cable to a recep. Jumped to the next with 12-3 and to the next with 12-2

I can't even begin to count the number of hours saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.