Objectionable Current on Ground Line - can it be re-routed to maintain code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Just a quick thought, could one ask the serving poco to install isolators @ the xformer AND STILL be NEC complaint to said h20 pipe?

It's done on farms all the time....

~RJ~

You bring up a good point. The NESC does not require an MGN or EGC between poles. POCO can obtain an a 12 to 7.2kv isolation transformer, or run the MGN on insulators for some distance, until it gets to the customers transformer where a 2 bushing unit is used. Both primary leads are left floating without be earthed. That way even if the MGN has substantial voltage difference to earth it will not transfer into the customer wiring or even drop current near the property.

mikegbuf

I fixed my problem in my home and others, and realized...

I fixed my problem in my home and others, and realized...

It's a much simpler fix, and all the terminologies, language used, and definitions complicate the matter further versus facilitating an understanding. :slaphead:

Current was rerouted and placed on correct path, safety was maintained with existing metallic structures in home, and electrical system is properly "bonded" and "grounded."

A special thanks to Mike Holt !!

I graduated in Engineering, and having been challenged with my own health at one time, my specialty became restoring health naturally without the use of drugs for others, like I did for myself when I needed it from necessity- and most improve to the point where their Dr removes, majority of time, all of their drugs, no matter how serious or how long. Feel grateful for that understanding and insight, yet I was thrown into this electrical situation which when i started i knew nothing about, and I am grateful for all your guidance.

Thanks for all your insights! :bye:

Don't underestimate these radiated fields, over time they can do one in just like smoking one cigarette won't kill you, yet keep doing it and the majority weaken and will cause dis-ease.

Feel Empowered with my new found knowledge and maybe everything does happen for a reason and I can help people prevent this with themselves, since it happen to me!

God Bless you all... :thumbsup:

Mike G.

Last edited:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
It's a much simpler fix, and all the terminologies, language used, and definitions complicate the matter further versus facilitating an understanding. :slaphead:

Current was rerouted and placed on correct path, safety was maintained with existing metallic structures in home, and electrical system is properly "bonded" and "grounded."

A special thanks to Mike Holt !!

I graduated in Engineering, and having been challenged with my own health at one time, my specialty became restoring health naturally without the use of drugs for others, like I did for myself when I needed it from necessity- and most improve to the point where their Dr removes, majority of time, all of their drugs, no matter how serious or how long. Feel grateful for that understanding and insight, yet I was thrown into this electrical situation which when i started i knew nothing about, and I am grateful for all your guidance.

Thanks for all your insights! :bye:

Don't underestimate these radiated fields, over time they can do one in just like smoking one cigarette won't kill you, yet keep doing it and the majority weaken and will cause dis-ease.

Feel Empowered with my new found knowledge and maybe everything does happen for a reason and I can help people prevent this with themselves, since it happen to me!

God Bless you all... :thumbsup:

Mike G.

Glad things are working out for you, and I am glad you feel better :):thumbsup::cool: I agree with what you say, and I thank you for sharing your insight.

I will say something that will turn heads and give heartburn, but I am in the field of thought that EMFs do increase the risk of health aliments. Just because radiation is non-ionizing does not make it completely safe. I believe that practices to eliminate excessive magnetic fields should be made mandatory in all electrical codes the same way rules exist for the protection against shock and electrocution.

The multi grounded neutral distribution system and combined neutral/ground up to services will be viewed as one the the biggest failures in electrical distribution much the same way asbestos and lead based paints are viewed today.

mikegbuf

I concur!! Thank You!

I concur!! Thank You!

I agree with you wholeheartedly, takes a while for the rest to catch up, yet it's true, i've seen it cause health issues not only in myself but family, friends and clients and I appreciate your courage to step up and say so! :thumbsup:

Mike G.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I agree with you wholeheartedly, takes a while for the rest to catch up, yet it's true, i've seen it cause health issues not only in myself but family, friends and clients and I appreciate your courage to step up and say so! :thumbsup:

Mike G.

Thanks!

And thank you for taking the time to share your experience, you have been a great contributor to this subject! :):) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.