Office power poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Adding a new power pole to an office. There are 3 already there. They are screwed to the cieling grid with the usual provided trim plate,There is also 2 jack chains per pole(one on each side)over the ceiling,The chain goes up to the roof beams. are these supported OK?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I have never used jack chain to support a power pole. Are there some after hours, or maybe even during regular hours, activities involving the power poles that might need jack chains going to all four axis instead of just two?

If not then I would think they are supported and then some.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
I contacted the manufacturer they said to buy there Tee bar adapter, screw my trim plate from pole to that,and run the jack chain to each end of the Tee bar hanger. They sell a Tee bar for this.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I agree with Ron in Post 2. Anything beyond tied to the grid is better than I normally see.

kwired

Electron manager
Adding a new power pole to an office. There are 3 already there. They are screwed to the cieling grid with the usual provided trim plate,There is also 2 jack chains per pole(one on each side)over the ceiling,The chain goes up to the roof beams. are these supported OK?

Just what is the jack chain supporting? Isn't the lower end fastened to the floor?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Just what is the jack chain supporting? Isn't the lower end fastened to the floor?

It may just be resting on the floor, or attached to a modular furniture system.
If the whole suspended ceiling grid falls it might tip over if not independently supported. :)

kwired

Electron manager
It may just be resting on the floor, or attached to a modular furniture system.
If the whole suspended ceiling grid falls it might tip over if not independently supported. :)

I see, who cares if the entire ceiling falls, just so the power pole doesn't ever tip over.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.