only 500 messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energy-Miser

Having marvelled at iwire's 19,325 posts (as of a few minutes ago), I wondered what his first post was. Easy enough, I went to his profile and clicked on the link that says "all posts by iwire", only to see that just the last 500 were posted. Does the forum only save the last five hundred of each person's posts, or am i missing something? There have been links, and other things posted by people that I am interested in, and that I had always thought, ok, I will come back and get them later. Seems to me that strategy may not work, if I waited too long to come back and download the stuff? e/m

Energy-Miser

Pierre C Belarge said:
This site has been "reformatted" at least once in the past. I think you would need to go into the archives to find some old stuff. Maybe the posts from before the formatting is not available???
Well, the post I was looking for only goes back at most to mid Nov. of 07, so it was i am sure pre-dated by the last re format. I think it was by Brian John, and he had posted a sample of his contract. Brian John, if you are reading this, can you please re-post that? Thanks, e/m

Last edited:

cadpoint

Energy-Miser said:
if I waited too long to come back and download the stuff? e/m

Here's what I do

Open your favorite write software and throw a link into it and file accordingly.

Save any link if in a post, open and save to Favorite under:
Electric
-devices
-software
-manufactures
-tools
-misc, Etc.

IF it's that important , turn it into a Screen Icon, Use Thread tools here go to print and save to screen is an option.

e57

It's all about VOLUME!!!!!
iwire = 10.78 posts per day
Energy-miser = 9.14 posts per day
Pierre C Belarge = 3.91 posts per day
cadpoint = 0.59 posts per day
brantmacga = 2.40 posts per day
ME = 1.06 (Although my wife would disagree)

Since I have joined this forum on 06-18-2004 I have taken several long hiatuses to other forums, got married, purchased a home, had a child and changed jobs a few times looking for the right one - busy..... Had I spent the amount of time required to post 10-11 times a day, I doubt I would have done all that....:wink: I get too long winded..... Too much time....

The numbers and stat's are decieving.... Bob's word counts are exceptionally low.....:roll: :grin: 10 character min. per post. - its more of a "Stick and Move" approach. He gets around...

Will you ever catch up - I doubt it.....:roll:

iwire

Staff member
Energy-Miser said:
Easy enough, I went to his profile and clicked on the link that says "all posts by iwire", only to see that just the last 500 were posted. Does the forum only save the last five hundred of each person's posts, or am i missing something?

All posts are saved forever.....or until something breaks. :)

Searches are limited to 500 responses, so when you use the 'see all posts by xxxxx' the results will top out at 500.

If you have a particular post in mind go to advanced search to find it, because of the forum software changes, at least twice since I have been a member it may be imposable to find my first post.

electricmanscott

I found Bob's first post......Hi, my name is Bob. As I sit here in cell block 14 on day one of a life sentence without the possibility of parole I ponder the future. One would have to expect I will be spending many hours in this forum as it looks like, barring a succesful appeals process, I won't be going anywhere for a while.......

:D

Energy-Miser

brian john said:
E/M:

which contract?
It must have been someone else Brian. I remember that we were talking about how tightly commercial contracts should be written, etc. and someone had volunteered the contract that they are using to serve as a template. I thought it may have been you. e/m.

Energy-Miser

cadpoint said:
Here's what I do

Open your favorite write software and throw a link into it and file accordingly.

Save any link if in a post, open and save to Favorite under:
Electric
-devices
-software
-manufactures
-tools
-misc, Etc.

IF it's that important , turn it into a Screen Icon, Use Thread tools here go to print and save to screen is an option.
Thanks. It should be done right away apparently as I can see that the older posts are not saved, or if they are, it is not aparent where they are. e/m

Energy-Miser

iwire said:
All posts are saved forever.....or until something breaks. :)

Searches are limited to 500 responses, so when you use the 'see all posts by xxxxx' the results will top out at 500.

If you have a particular post in mind go to advanced search to find it, because of the forum software changes, at least twice since I have been a member it may be imposable to find my first post.
Well, the post I was looking for dates back only to Nov. 07, but still must have been over 500 posts ago. Thanks for the tip, I will check out the advance search. e/m

Energy-Miser

electricmanscott said:
I found Bob's first post......Hi, my name is Bob. As I sit here in cell block 14 on day one of a life sentence without the possibility of parole I ponder the future. One would have to expect I will be spending many hours in this forum as it looks like, barring a succesful appeals process, I won't be going anywhere for a while.......

:D
It will be a very likely post for him, if he knew his future on that first day that is. :) e/m

Energy-Miser

e57 said:

Since I have joined this forum on 06-18-2004 I have taken several long hiatuses to other forums, got married, purchased a home, had a child and changed jobs a few times looking for the right one - busy..... Had I spent the amount of time required to post 10-11 times a day, I doubt I would have done all that....:wink: I get too long winded..... Too much time....

The numbers and stat's are decieving.... Bob's word counts are exceptionally low.....:roll: :grin: 10 character min. per post. - its more of a "Stick and Move" approach. He gets around...

Will you ever catch up - I doubt it.....:roll:
I could never sustain my 9.xy posts per day for very long e57. It is just the beginner's enthuziasm. Bob has proved his longevity on this forum, it is a rare gift. e/m

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
e57 said:

So, I have 6.34 posts per day. What does that say about me? :-?

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
electricmanscott said:
I found Bob's first post......
LMAO

Actually, the first historical Bob post was in this thread, after the forum was upgraded in 2003. Since the previous format is all but gone, that makes members prior to 2003 prehistorical members, or in shorthand "dinosaurs". :D

electricmanscott

I'm prehistoric too and until I actually looked at that thread with the dates shown I hadn't realized how long we have been on here. Countless hours of my life spent in this ugly purple chair......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.