Perfect example of a bad day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Jraef said:
When I picked up my bag in San Francisco, all of the exterior zippered pockets were open and, lo and behold, my car keys were gone!
I would have immediately called security or the police over to see the bag before I even took it off the carousel.

Then I would have offered to let the airline merely cover the costs you mentioned, if you didn't have to sue them.

quogueelectric

Jraef said:
Good trick I use for fiberglass insulation:
Wad up some duck tape (sticky side out) and pat down your exposed skin with it. Removes the little fibers before you take a shower.

Here's my tale of woe:
I took a trip last weekend so I was out of town for Father's day. My host felt sorry for me and gave me a bottle of wine. Rather than have to "donate" it to the TSA folks at the airport I checked my bag, something I am loathe to do any more. When I picked up my bag in San Francisco, all of the exterior zippered pockets were open and, lo and behold, my car keys were gone! I have a new Dodge Charger which no longer uses a "key"; it has an electronic fob that fits in a square hole in the dash. That also makes it impossible to call a locksmith if you lose it or get it wet. That was my backup key because the other one got wet at a summer party the previous week when the teenagers threw me in the pool. So no key, no backup key, no way to start the car and get it out of the pay parking lot. Took me 3 hours to get home on the last BART train, then $25 for a 5 minute taxi ride. The next day I had to go back to the SF airport in my truck and have the car towed to a dealer to have keys made because they have to program the car for the new keys. $481.00 for 2 new keys, $100 worth of gas, $15 for an extra day of parking, $25 for a taxi, $8 for a BART ticket. All in all, that was a $629.00 bottle of fricken wine!

Now here it is Thursday and I still have no car because Dodge is "out of the remotes". Driving my truck instead, wasting another $100 in gas on personal errands.
I would be on the horn to the complaint dept of the airline a little trick I use is to cc the complaint to the CEO of the company and a bill for everything. They dont want any problems and especially when the BIG boss is watching. I had a pair of skis wrecked in denver int airport. I bring 3 pairs bump, slalom, giant slalom. I went to get my bump skis and the tip had been ground off from being dragged on the tarmac. They jumped through thier butts to get a check to me because I cc d the ceo with my complaint. They just want the head cheese off thier butt asap. I had a 3200$ egg sanwich once. Ouch!

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Went to the California State Bowling Championships last year and had to fly up. Because my bowling balls are to heavy they have to be checked. I had a rabbit's foot on my bag that was given to me by my great aunt when I was in the 4th grade (I'll be 50 in August) and has been on my bowling bags since I started bowling at 14. Bag comes down and rabbits foot is gone, who would want that?

Sad thing was, I bowled the best I ever have in the event. Out of 12,000 bowlers I came in 63rd in the All-Events and 71st in the Singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.