Pesky Power Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If they can find a bit longer board they might eliminate the pesky problem altogether.

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
Have seen where pipe liners put caution ribbon on the primary neutral to keep equipment out of it. Somebody either new a little about distribution or really risky....

kwired

Electron manager
I'm calling BS on this photo. At that voltage that 2X4 will be conductive.
But there is more than just that one 2x4 between that conductor and "ground" lot of other wood frame in the path, if this were only a 2.4 kV distribution system it might be even more possible - until maybe when it rains. Still risky to attempt though.

kwired

Electron manager
How could they miss that at the planning stage ?
Maybe they didn't, but POCO hasn't done something they already agreed to do?

POCO I work around the most wouldn't have open MV lines that close to a structure, and has moved older lines over the past several years because of potential liability reasons

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Petticoat insulators. I would guess 4160. Wherever that is the POCO should have been notified BEFORE, no way should there have been work going on that close.

-Hal

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I can't tell you how many youtube videos I have seen of people moving tall loads or excavators or other tall equipment where they have propped the electric lines up with wooden supports. Sometimes there are people holding the supports off the ground as the vehicle comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.