Pic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

You know how to tell the hot & neutral on a lamp cord, or you're amazed at how many don't know how?:confused:

yea but I have learned not to depend on it always being wired that way, as I found out the hard way with a red tag for reverse polarity at lamp sockets (ribbed wire to center), and guess what, the fixtures were made in lets say (to keep within the forum rules) the far east.

And from that same location on Earth, I have had fixtures with a white stripe wired reversed (white stripe wire wired to the center), and had ones with a black stripe wired reverse (black stripe wire to the shell), so I bought cheep a little continuity tester that I use when I'm putting the fixture together before installing it.

the bad thing was the inspector was using a cheap continuity tester when he was checking them and when he touch it to the shell and ground the battery in it exploded in his hands. he wanted me to buy him a new one, and I told him that I was sorry for the reverse polarity, but using that kind of tester on a circuit that can be possibly on (with 3-ways) is not the way to test, but I showed him my Volt-Con that has a built in continuity tester and he agreed that a cat-3 tester is what he should have been using. and after showing him how the fixture was wire, which he let me fix them while he was there, he even changed it to a green tag:D

Oh patt patt patt:D

glene77is

i got called to a house to trouble shoot an electrical problem on an addition. When i tore into the receptacles i soon realized the homeowner wired it with brown extension cord wire and had a refrigerator and window unit running on one circuit. He told me he didnt have the money to fix it right so i told him he owed me nothing and i couldnt help him so i wouldnt be liable when the house burned up. Didnt happen though. A year later a tornado tore up half our town and his was one of em.

Single,

You and the old man should be so lucky!
Neither of you got hurt,
and his insurance covered his problem.

Years back, I walked away from a contract job,
leaving $500 behind with my material,
because I found out what a rat's nest liability
I was getting into! Glad I could walk away!
The building could have fallen in,
and I did not know the building engineers had already been there
and said it was condemnable.
I should have looked more closely.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.