Picture of sub-panel ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

stickboy1375 said:
Read the last sentence...

Read the first sentence.

Now think of the typical HO with the ability to run not only the essentials (furnace, sump, fridge, freezer), his AC, hot tub, big screen, cooktop, etc.etc.etc. thinking, "Geeze, I just spent almost a grand on that 8,000-watt generator. Eight thousand watts is like the energy produced during a Shuttle launch...."

No way am I going to introduce a system into a someone's house that can so very easily be overloaded. Besides, do you think the typical HO gives two hoots about what the NEC says?

stickboy1375

480sparky said:
No way am I going to introduce a system into a someone's house that can so very easily be overloaded. Besides, do you think the typical HO gives two hoots about what the NEC says?

Your entitled to your choice... I dont play the what-if game.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
480sparky said:
Read the first sentence.

If you have properly sized the OCP for the generator, all thats going to happen is the breaker trips taking the generator offline.

480sparky

hillbilly1 said:
If you have properly sized the OCP for the generator, all thats going to happen is the breaker trips taking the generator offline.

Then I get a call for installing a crappy system.

I prefer to nip that possibility in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.