pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaspoon

I picked up on this job behind another electrician.
most of wire was pulled, a lot of the boxes made up.
I redid 90% of the boxes for obvious reasons in pic's
This job was a mess.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
This is what happens when you send untrained people out to do a job under your license and then you don't go out to check on the job. Good thing you caught this. Make sure you check this job thoroughly and make the necessary corrections before you accept the it and put your name on it. Good luck.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would fail it. It is one thing to be less than 1-1/4" from the stud where it enters the box but to go behind the box--sorry I don't see that as being compliant.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Article 334.17 takes us to 300.4 (D). It sounds clear to me that if it is less than 1-1/4 from the face of the stud then it needs to toward the center of the stud.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
support with in 6" of entering box, boxes rated for 2 cables per k.o.?

I agree but if the box ko actually clamps the wire to the box as the P&S boxes do then it only needs to stapled within 12". In terms of the 2 wire per hole, I believe that is one that many inspectors turn the other way. Quite frankly I do it on a rare occasion however you are right, it may not be code.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Stackers are to prevent bundling.

Perhaps ? Read the instructions on a bag of "stackers"... I don't recall the exact wording but they reference 310.15(B)(2) and they have some suprising "limits" especially when it comes to #12 Romex.
I'm a real "fan" and tend to overlook the mfg limits.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Mac it is much ado about nothing but it is also about understanding what the code states.

I remember some EC's getting turned down for using the entry close to the stud because the wire upon entry would be less than 1-1/4". BS- yes but technically correct.

Suppose the wire ran up the entire length of the stud close to the edge. Is that compliant? I say No.... It needs to be stapled toward the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.