Pool Bonding Lugs

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
To answer your question she was. Velavictorian of her high school class, 4.0 grade average @ Youngstown state university, that was her job at the court house reading over papers and making corrections before they were sent to final draft.

Me I was always picked last on any spelling bee contest, you would not not me on your team.

You should have seen all the red marks on any paper of mine she read over before it was typed for final draft.

She had muscular dystrophy never was supposed to live past 6 years old. We spent 25 years together before it took her.

I can almost hear her laughing as you typed that and your right, thank God for spell check
I was just poking at you. I knew it had to be "auto fill", or "spell check" because with a simple word like shell, I didn't think you would misspell it that many times. :)

kwired

Electron manager
How does voltage/current get into pool through a non metallic liner? conductive metal shell/insulating liner/conductive pool water. Sounds like construction of a capacitor to me, we need to bond shell to pool water to short out said capacitor.

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
So if an inground pool with a vinyl liner with steel panels gets a tear and makes contact with the pool water, isn't there possibility of the pool water becoming energized?
There are inground vinyl pool kits that are available with composite walls which are non-conductive.

I don't build inground vinyl pools anymore. Last build about 20 years ago and we installed a lug at every wall joint. Perimeter bonding not required at that time.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
So if an inground pool with a vinyl liner with steel panels gets a tear and makes contact with the pool water, isn't there possibility of the pool water becoming energized?
There are inground vinyl pool kits that are available with composite walls which are non-conductive.

I don't build inground vinyl pools anymore. Last build about 20 years ago and we installed a lug at every wall joint. Perimeter bonding not required at that time.
The pool water should already be bonded. If the liner gets a tear below the waterline, you're not going to be in the pool long anyway.

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
The pool water should already be bonded. If the liner gets a tear below the waterline, you're not going to be in the pool long anyway.
Oh yes the water bond. My customers will just keep filling until the tear is fixed. If it happens over the winter, all bets are off.