pool light glows like a dim candle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cculver

I bought a house about 4 years ago. I have recently found out after draining my pool that the reason my pool light has never worked is that it did not have a bulb !
So,, I installed the recommended bulb - a 120 volt, 250 watt max t-4 mini halogen bulb. I flipped the switch and the light glows super dim - like a candle that is barely lit. I traced the wires that come from a junction box near the pool light and travel about underground about 40 feet to an old wall mounted box. The box I presume is some sort of transformer. The wires go in, come out and go to a switch.
Can anyone help me understand how to get the full brightness of the light to work? Is there some sort of transformer issue possibly?
Thank you.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
All we can do is recommend that you consult with a licensed EC in your area. Swimming pool electric is not something a DIYer should attempt.

I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.