Power Quality Analyzation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNNING

spikes

spikes

If its power supplies and digital loads the potential on the neutral takes a hit. How to prove it though? If you are not getting a good neutral back to the transformer that would be giving you voltage spikes just like if you had a power outage and all the ups's came on at once which would give you more spikes on the neutrals. Sounds like they might have to move to one single backup dynamic power supply just for their computers. Try calling APC and talking to an engineer. It might end up giving you more questions than answers. It also might be a great opportunity to sell them some equipment.

ELA

Occupation
Electrical Test Engineer
I was not trying to insult you just knowing so many manufactures responses adding a bit of sarcasm.

Thanks for the clarification as the use of all Capital Letters - via the internet sounds serious :)

I have been around a long time doing troubleshooting in the field - as well as from the other side designing and performing failure analysis. The OP seemed to be indicating that it was good quality equipment. That implied to me that the manufacturer might have an interest in helping out. Of course if they have a known design flaw they might try to hide it. If they are a quality unit without known issues then they might be interested in getting to the root if the issue at hand.

I feel it is always worth a try contacting the manufacturer. I agree that it will often not lead to any real assistance but still worth the phone call.

brian john

Thanks for the clarification as the use of all Capital Letters - via the internet sounds serious :)

I have been around a long time doing troubleshooting in the field - as well as from the other side designing and performing failure analysis. The OP seemed to be indicating that it was good quality equipment. That implied to me that the manufacturer might have an interest in helping out. Of course if they have a known design flaw they might try to hide it. If they are a quality unit without known issues then they might be interested in getting to the root if the issue at hand.

I feel it is always worth a try contacting the manufacturer. I agree that it will often not lead to any real assistance but still worth the phone call.

Name the best manufactures and I have dealt with issues from them all. Bad hardware =grounding issues, bad software=harmonics and sometimes the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.